Precious Metal stacking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is that all digital going to work for those that do not have cell phones or credit cards or even use a bank.
There are many out there.

I hope it never comes to that .
I hope it is like the old magazine articles from the 60's talking about everyone having flying cars in the future.
I can’t specifically answer your question, but I’m confident YOU are going to be fine. :thumb:

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is that all digital going to work for those that do not have cell phones or credit cards or even use a bank.
There are many out there.

I hope it never comes to that .
I hope it is like the old magazine articles from the 60's talking about everyone having flying cars in the future.
the way i understand digital currency from the fed own description. there will no cash or coin. your bank account will not be at a private bank anymore either. everyone will be required to have a digital wallet at the Federal Reserve Central Bank. any and all transactions will be handled from one wallet to another digitally. it will not be like using a credit card.... folks need to get their heads wrapped around this because it is coming. also a big one is that the currency will be programmable....in other words if your social credit score isn't up to snuff they can deny the transfer of currency. your to fat? no hamburger? etc etc

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Precious metals are for wealth preservation, not necessarily investment. And I always shake my head at those that say "you can't eat silver", or "if SHTF, no one is going to trade anything for gold", and so on. It's not about being useful during a collapse, it's for building stability after. Having metals if there is a collapse is excellent insurance for when the dust clears, and a new system is born. Gold has value in every currency, world-wide, and has for centuries.

In Weimar Germany, I'm pretty certain that those who had gold that "wasn't worth anything" during their depression came out smelling like a rose after the recovery - or at least were much, much better off than those who didn't.
Winner!

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been messing with metals for awhile. After watching the prices for many years, I do wonder if the gold and sliver prices can get any higher without a major catastrophe. Not talking about a home market crash, but like major civil upheaval.
Supply and demand will cause silver to rise drastically in the near future. The burden of Solar power and electric cars Is draining the world's silver stockpiles. All precious metals are being suppressed by Wall Street but soon they won't be able to due to demand

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get that @capnkirk462 but by the time you add up all your shoeboxes to get 10,000 rounds that’s 20 shoeboxes for just the 5.56. Add to that 9mm, 45ACP, .308, 12 gauge and so on you’d be talking 120-150 shoeboxes in no time and that’s a LOT of shoeboxes…..would put my wife to shame. 😂😂
You’d be surprised how much ammo can actually fit in an ammo can and those cans stack nicely.

IMG_1908.jpeg

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started to stack silver and gold... then realized thats only gonna be worth something early on. If it really goes south, seeds - ammo - even matches and lighters... those are gonna be valuable.

Stack up a couple a couple grand in silver and gold that you can use when the banks go.. but your real investment needs to be things to barter with.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started to stack silver and gold... then realized thats only gonna be worth something early on. If it really goes south, seeds - ammo - even matches and lighters... those are gonna be valuable.

Stack up a couple a couple grand in silver and gold that you can use when the banks go.. but your real investment needs to be things to barter with.
I’ll barter in lead, friend

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only precious metals I care to own are brass, copper, and lead. If everything goes to hell and a hand basket, most are not going to care about trading for gold and silver.
When I lived in Oregon I had a neighbor that had a garage wall of prep food and a big gun safe full of guns and ammo. It was there for ALL to see every time he opened his garage doors. He thought he was the most prepared guy around.
Prepared to be a target!

Latest posts

Top Bottom