Precious Metal stacking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We’ll all I’ll say is a common PCGS or NGC MS -61/62 $20 saint or liberty was under $500 in 2004, now a coin shop pays north of $2000. Quite a bit better than bonds even an S&P fund.

Silver Eagles we’re $7.50 now right around $30.

You end of the world guys 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
We’ll all I’ll say is a common PCGS or NGC MS -61/62 $20 saint or liberty was under $500 in 2004, now a coin shop pays north of $2000. Quite a bit better than bonds even an S&P fund.

Silver Eagles we’re $7.50 now right around $30.

You end of the world guys 🤷‍♂️
People think Gold is high now, I think it's still a bargain. Wait a couple years. $2500 even $3000 gold is likely. Buy it now and buy it in small quantities. Buy the grams and the fractional ounces of gold. Easy to carry and conceal and worth a lot more than silver.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Precious metals are for wealth preservation, not necessarily investment. And I always shake my head at those that say "you can't eat silver", or "if SHTF, no one is going to trade anything for gold", and so on. It's not about being useful during a collapse, it's for building stability after. Having metals if there is a collapse is excellent insurance for when the dust clears, and a new system is born. Gold has value in every currency, world-wide, and has for centuries.

In Weimar Germany, I'm pretty certain that those who had gold that "wasn't worth anything" during their depression came out smelling like a rose after the recovery - or at least were much, much better off than those who didn't.
As a world leader in currency valuation, if the US collapses, there will be no going back to the good ole days. Precious metals will collapse as the dollar devalues. At least that's how I see it. In a truly survival situation during a collapse, food, alcohol and, God forbid, women , will have a much greater value than any gold on the face of the planet. True that generational wealth can be rebuilt over a period of time, but when someone is starving or has a fever, metal doesn't fix the "now". Knowing that society will always be "out for theirs", trying to trade gold for goods in a EOTWAWKI situation, will likely get a person killed by a group of people, not one on one. There will be little room for gentlemen and even less for tolerance. “be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn’t disagree more. Now which empire collapsed has this happened to be the case?

A farmer can’t sit on a field of crops as they will rot. We’ve always have a medium of exchange. PMs are global currencies and can be exchanged anywhere in the world.

Many Jews escaped the holocaust by bribing guards with gold, dimonds, silver. The US is one country and not the world IMO

Values may go down but everything else will go down more, The preservation of wealth is the key coming out the other end IMO.

How much do you think they’re paying for women in Gaza? Not much….

Ive read that in Weimar Germany" you could buy a whole block for $500.

my .02

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldn’t disagree more. Now which empire collapsed has this happened to be the case?

A farmer can’t sit on a field of crops as they will rot. We’ve always have a medium of exchange. PMs are global currencies and can be exchanged anywhere in the world.

Many Jews escaped the holocaust by bribing guards with gold, dimonds, silver. The US is one country and not the world IMO

Values may go down but everything else will go down more, The preservation of wealth is the key coming out the other end IMO.

How much do you think they’re paying for women in Gaza? Not much….

Ive read that in Weimar Germany" you could buy a whole block for $500.

my .02
No, I get what you are saying. Gold is worth the price of gold anywhere in the world. And exactly how much good did that gold do for Argentina in 2022? 70 percent inflation then? 140 percent inflation so far?
1703968988548.png

I mean I understand that people feel good because they have some wealth on hand, but if the store doesn't take it or have change for it, it's no good. I would have no use for gold in an economic crisis and wouldn't take it. I can't eat it, I can't use it to defend my family and without an international banking system, it's worthless to me. To think that the banks will still be open in a true crisis is foolish in my opinion. Yeah, you can buy stuff internationally but get it shipped here with disrupted supply chains. Business will not go on as usual if a crisis occurs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom