Precious Metal stacking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever had spam. But if it was offered to me, I would eat some.
I do remember eating Vienna sausages a lot when I was young. It's been many years since I had any. But I buy a can a few weeks ago to eat when I got out on the hunting weekend.

Anyone had this flavor? Opinions?View attachment 421560
Jalapeno is better.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever had spam. But if it was offered to me, I would eat some.
I do remember eating Vienna sausages a lot when I was young. It's been many years since I had any. But I buy a can a few weeks ago to eat when I got out on the hunting weekend.

Anyone had this flavor? Opinions?View attachment 421560
That's a good one. I like them. I don't have to eat that stuff but being on 24 hr call Vienna Sausages, potted meat, sardines and spam are handy to grab with crackers for a quick break. I guess the reason I still eat it is everytime I open a can of that stuff it brings back memories of Dad and me. He always had that stuff when we worked on the farm, fishing or hunting trips. Fond memories!!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
How does one trade silver or gold for ammo and food? I've always wondered.
Does one carve off a chunk of silver or gold for a loaf of bread?
How does that work?
Back when silver and gold were used for barter, they would nip a piece out of the coin. You can see coins at shows with multiple nips out of them.
On the flipside, if the economy goes belly up, a loaf of bread and a tent might cost 10k!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when silver and gold were used for barter, they would nip a piece out of the coin. You can see coins at shows with multiple nips out of them.
Actually they were called bits. They’d cut a dollar coin into eight pieces or 8 bits. Common slang, at least for older folks is to call a quarter “two bits”.

rmark

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
‘How do you trade gold etc. for food etc.’
You cash it in at the gold store, use the cash for groceries and buy more gold after your next payday.

You might want to read ‘Thoughts on Urban Survival’ by Ferfal, it’s available online. He’s writes about the currency crisis in Argentina and how things changed.

Interesting is a book I read that discussed how gold does best in deflations, due to fear buying, while in inflation any real good acts as a store of value.

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m wondering where you guys with pallets of ammunition are storing it all? 10,000 rounds of 5.56, .308, 45ACP, 9MM and 22LR would be quite the pile.
Actually the smaller ammo doesn't take up that much space, A shoe box size is 500+ round of 5.56 or 7.62 x 39. A 30. cal. ammo can will hold 500 rounds of 7.62x39 depending on packaging.

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hindsight being 20/20 I wish I would of sold my silver prepandemic and bought 545x39. I could be making a 100% profit+ on that ammo. I did buy, only one case though, some wolf 7.62x39 8M3 for about 220$ per 1000 just saw a case go for 575$

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get that @capnkirk462 but by the time you add up all your shoeboxes to get 10,000 rounds that’s 20 shoeboxes for just the 5.56. Add to that 9mm, 45ACP, .308, 12 gauge and so on you’d be talking 120-150 shoeboxes in no time and that’s a LOT of shoeboxes…..would put my wife to shame. 😂😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom