Saw a different no-gun sign this morning....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the main entrance at Wiley Post airport, where the Runway Cafe is.
I guess they want to make sure those mass shooters with assault weapons don't come in.

upload_2019-12-15_10-53-8.png

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah that will stop em.... They need to add some Budweiser and Marlboro signs as well and really class the place up. They stuck a no weapons sign right on the front door of the apartment office here and honestly where it's at they made the place look like they need some crappy ghetto corner store signage to go along with it. Manager knows I carry and have for years, she informed me the management company wanted it put up. I said ok... and continue to ignore it. I was carrying when I signed my latest lease.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oddly enough, unless I've missed something somewhere, Sooner Mall in Norman doesn't have any anti-gun signs at the doors. (At least at the two that we've gone it.) However, if one goes around by Sooner Mall's office/administrative area, there is an anti-gun sign there.

I guess I need to ask if the sign only applies to going into the administrative area.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Truth is, I never carry in the Runway Cafe because it's an airport, and I figure that's a gov building, and maybe qualifies as a no carry zone for fed airport reasons in some way.

Any experts care to comment?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truth is, I never carry in the Runway Cafe because it's an airport, and I figure that's a gov building, and maybe qualifies as a no carry zone for fed airport reasons in some way.

Any experts care to comment?

I don’t believe Wiley post is commercial is it? So no TSA? So no specific federal involvement for those just being in the premises.

I believe most airports are owned by municipalities or other quasi-public government entities (like an “airport authority”) so state regulations on carry would apply.

edit: meaning that since Wiley Post is a building owned by the city of OKC, the sign is redundant and carrying is already prohibited by title 21 section 1277

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom