Dealing with Mental Health

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This means to me, discussing avenues to limit access of firearms to individuals that are suffering from some mental health issue. At least for a time period until it is resolved.
So, do you honestly think this solves the issue? Or even improves it? If it doesn't, will they roll back those changes and restore our rights?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact that school shootings for example are extremely rare is lost on them as they don't care. All they see is the news report of dead children.
It's for this reason that I think our community needs to fight in the area that the fight it taking place in and not where we think it should be. This means to me, discussing avenues to limit access of firearms to individuals that are suffering from some mental health issue. At least for a time period until it is resolved.
While rare compared to overdoes deaths, shootings are far more common here than in other developed countries.

And as a cause of death for children, isn't it a higher percentage than many other forms of death?

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He does have a point. More fat like myself people are killed every year because we love food. Yet the media will promote gun deaths like its the ONLY cause of deaths. When someone wants you unarmed. Thats a damn good reason to get backups
killed many people with your twinkie, have you?

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, do you honestly think this solves the issue? Or even improves it? If it doesn't, will they roll back those changes and restore our rights?
If there was a means to limit access to a firearm from people that were mentally being treated, would that have stopped the Christian School shooting, and the Bank shooting. More than likely I believe.

Last edited:

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there was a means to limit access to a firearm from people that were mentally being treated, would that have stopped the Christian Church shooting, and the Bank shooting. More than likely I believe.
As in involuntarily confine the individuals, as stated above? Yes, that might actually stop some of them.

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
While rare compared to overdoes deaths, shootings are far more common here than in other developed countries.

And as a cause of death for children, isn't it a higher percentage than many other forms of death?
What is a children is the problem. The CDC likes to include 18 and 19 years olds in the "children" definition. If you include them, firearms are extremely high. If you exclude them, as you should in my opinion since at 18 you're legally an adult, firearms are not in the 10 ten.

Latest posts

Top Bottom