Saw a different no-gun sign this morning....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Oddly enough, unless I've missed something somewhere, Sooner Mall in Norman doesn't have any anti-gun signs at the doors. (At least at the two that we've gone it.) However, if one goes around by Sooner Mall's office/administrative area, there is an anti-gun sign there.

I guess I need to ask if the sign only applies to going into the administrative area.
Never ask. Never tell.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t believe Wiley post is commercial is it? So no TSA? So no specific federal involvement for those just being in the premises.

I believe most airports are owned by municipalities or other quasi-public government entities (like an “airport authority”) so state regulations on carry would apply.

edit: meaning that since Wiley Post is a building owned by the city of OKC, the sign is redundant and carrying is already prohibited by title 21 section 1277

Wiley Post has some charter services in other buildings, but the cafe building is also the entrance to the tower, so I don't know if that triggers fed rules or not.

Being the law abiding citizen that I am, I don't carry in there.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wonder if they are trying to warn 2A auditors that maybe they shouldn't 'check' the establishment. Perhaps it's trying to save them from themselves.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Truth is, I never carry in the Runway Cafe because it's an airport, and I figure that's a gov building, and maybe qualifies as a no carry zone for fed airport reasons in some way.

Any experts care to comment?

Wiley Post is not federalized, so TSA rules don't apply. The only thing TSA regulates at general aviation airports are Part 135 charters over 12,500 lbs, and Initial, Instrument and Multi-Engine Land flight training.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
South end of WP.

nhs6k4y.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom