Dealing with Mental Health

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finishnailer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry you feel that way because it's untrue. All need to be addressed but instead of juggling 10 balls at one time I just want to juggle 1 and if we solve the problems with that 1 ball, perhaps the means of which we solved that problem can be used on some of the other balls.
What is untrue in my statement?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One million percent (if that was a thing) but the American people don't want to talk about that. They want to talk about limiting firearms to everyone. I'm talking about potentially limiting firearms only to a small group and possibly for a short period of time.
You've been given the answer multiple times and you haven't embraced it. So what are YOU thinking we should do to limit access to firearms by "only a small group for a short period of time"?

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've been given the answer multiple times and you haven't embraced it. So what are YOU thinking we should do to limit access to firearms by "only a small group for a short period of time"?
I'm actually onboard with your position of involuntary commitment as a possibility. It just doesn't appear that many agree.

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You haven’t answered my question. What did I say that was untrue?
Dude, I just got online today.....chill.

Here's your misstatement. "Picking mental health and guns as the problem that you feel is the one we should solve seems show a real lack empathy for people who are killed by other means."
I would love to solve all problems at the same time but that is unrealistic.....hence the analogy of juggling multiple balls, where I just want to juggle 1 for now.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would ask....what are "students"?
for the sake of this discussion, students could be those enrolled in an educational environment at the time of the shooting, perhaps?

I mean if you don't want to lump anyone over 18 in the statistics because they are legally 'adults' then how would you propose separating those involved in a school shooting who are 18 vs those who are under it?

"Student" would seem a pretty good way to do it, but if you want to continue to debate the meaning of the word then i guess i'll defer to you on how to identify the group in question so that we may better understand that group is it relates to the overall statistics.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
mass shootings happening in gun free zones have another factor in common.
almost all mass shooters are taking SSRI .. now emerging evidence claim SSRI don't work and claim serotonin has no effect on depression.

article below tracks historical data for mass shootings. in 1968 when gun control act was passed. there was one mass shooting. most years back to 1954 there was zero, 1 or 2 ..

what happened? what caused this massive raise in mass shootings?

The SSRI Connection To Suicides, Spontaneous Murder and Mass Shootings.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2022/07...icides-spontaneous-murder-and-mass-shootings/

The serotonin theory of depression: a systematic umbrella review of the evidence​

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41380-022-01661-0

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We taught the SDA for 21 years and I only had to refuse giving one person the class certificate. He was an old man that had issues. When we got to the range portion of the class, I noticed his vision was so bad that he had to hold his pistol out at arm's length to see how to insert a loaded mag or if the empty one was still in the gun. He made two young girls next to him nervous and I moved them down the line and I stayed between him and the others for the rest of the time. My wife who was an instructor also watched the rest of the class while I stayed by him. After the firing was done and I gave out the certificates to everyone else, I got him over to the side and told him that I felt like he couldn't see well enough to handle a firearm safely. I refunded his money and kept the certificate. I told him I would call the OSBI to see if they agreed with me and if they didn't, I would give him the certificate. I called the OSBI and talked to the lady that was over the SDA and she thanked me for not giving him the certificate. I called the man and told him the OSBI agreed with me, and I was sorry. Weeks later I'm watching the 6:00 pm news and there came on a silver alert about this man. He had driven they thought to Colorado with some guns in the car and that he had Altheimers. His family wasn't sure where he was. He was finally found by a deputy after getting his car stuck in a ditch while turning around on a dirt road. Now this is the real kicker. A friend that had taken the class that day was at sheriff's office applying and that man was there applying also. He was trying to use picture of himself that were cut out of family photos in place of passport photos required. The friend said that some instructor had issued him an SDA certificate. I don't know who that was. His Colorado trip happened after he had tried to get his permit. I found out about that after I saw the silver alert and my wife told the friend about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom