Dealing with Mental Health

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We could save more lives each year by promoting healthy eating and offer free gym memberships. Than anything gun related.
One million percent (if that was a thing) but the American people don't want to talk about that. They want to talk about limiting firearms to everyone. I'm talking about potentially limiting firearms only to a small group and possibly for a short period of time.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One million percent (if that was a thing) but the American people don't want to talk about that. They want to talk about limiting firearms to everyone. I'm talking about potentially limiting firearms only to a small group and possibly for a short period of time.
Why don't we go ahead and prevent access for felons too while we're at it?

Last edited:

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And people driven with damaging themselves or others will find something to do it with. Guns or no guns
He
Dude, I'm with you, but you are stating numbers....facts....data. Most people in the US don't know those and frankly I don't think many in that group of unknowing care. All they see is another news story about a mentally unhealthy person shooting up some place. The fact that school shootings for example are extremely rare is lost on them as they don't care. All they see is the news report of dead children.
Unfortunately this emotionally driven reaction is a result of media. I'm not a young person so I remember the late 80s and early 90s well. Those years were the highest years on record for firearms deaths. What I don't remember is people feeling panicked about it, like many are now.
From the mid 90s when firearms death began to fall, gun sales continued to increase and this trend continued until 2020 when there was a spike in firearms deaths.
We can throw data and facts at the emotional people all day long, but it won't matter. Politics in many cases and especially Democrats in the case of firearms do not work in facts, but work in emotions and frankly, with most humans, emotions drive them more than facts.
It's for this reason that I think our community needs to fight in the area that the fight it taking place in and not where we think it should be. This means to me, discussing avenues to limit access of firearms to individuals that are suffering from some mental health issue. At least for a time period until it is resolved.
We already do limit access to guns in a Federal background check. You cannot make concessions for your rights. Next they’ll want to search your house, just to check. If you don’t have an AR then why not make a concession and let them in? Because what it comes down to is that we all have rights. We don’t beg for our rights, we demand them! Our forefathers didn’t fight for these rights just so we could flush them down the toilet. Stop acting like we owe someone, we don’t. So what we do is stand our ground and say he’ll no!!! We aren’t negotiating our freedom!

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No I think the "American People" Is limited to the liberal talking heads and the sheeple that follow them. The Majority of this nation and legal gun owners already know its NOT guns to blame. And are quite fine with the waiting periods and other laws levied upon them as adequate. Liberalism is a mental disorder. Give it a weapon and innocent people pay the price.

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I think the "American People" Is limited to the liberal talking heads and the sheeple that follow them. The Majority of this nation and legal gun owners already know its NOT guns to blame. And are quite fine with the waiting periods and other laws levied upon them as adequate. Liberalism is a mental disorder. Give it a weapon and innocent people pay the price.
Perhaps liberalism is a mental disorder, but its spreading faster than non-liberalism is.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That point went over your head. But Twinkies have killed more in this country than guns have. If we erase ALL gun violence caused by liberals. We wouldn't really have any.
Perhaps so, but the question wasn't about saving the most lives.

I was bringing up the point that a person's eating only kills themselves. Whereas an unstable person might kill others.

It's possible to worry about both groups, but only focus on those that would do harm to others (and not discuss or debate the merits of saving fat people from the buffet bar).

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is a children is the problem. The CDC likes to include 18 and 19 years olds in the "children" definition. If you include them, firearms are extremely high. If you exclude them, as you should in my opinion since at 18 you're legally an adult, firearms are not in the 10 ten.
but you can easily be 18 and still in high school, so why would you exclude them from being considered with the 17 year old who might have died?

Latest posts

Top Bottom