Stolen gun? Eh, I'll get around to reporting it when I get home from work.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, yeah. This happened in Lawton today. A woman gets into her car and begins to leave for work when she discovers her .380 has been stolen. Rather than stopping and immediately reporting it to Police, she decides to go to work and report it when she gets home later that evening.

Does anyone else think, this just the opposite of what a responsible gun owner would do?

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is plenty of data out there about guns stolen from cars. Google it and you will see its one of the main places guns are stolen from and has been increasing like mad for the last 5 years. If you keep a gun in a car and its not secured beyond locking doors. I would say that's not responsible. IE if you have a truck gun it needs to be secured better than sticking in the glove box. If you have to run into a government building and you stash your carry gun under the seat for 20 minutes that is a different issue.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How so? Because keeping a gun in your car is not responsible?
Keeping a gun in your car, no. UN-secured, yes. I didnt mention that the car was left unlocked, because the point being that it wasn't reported right away. They posted video from their doorbell cam. The guy flashed a light in the car looking, spotted what he wanted and was out, in about 3 seconds. The gun was most likely in plain sight

Latest posts

Top Bottom