Tired of being un-fit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExtremistPullup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like the title says, this isn't about being skinny, or looking good so much as it is about hitting 30, and then 40 and still being able to chase my kids around the yard, and hike into the mountains with them.

lol
I'll tell ya' what my man....
That li'l stretch between 30 and 40 is a mutha'....and it can definitely make or break you, so you definitely want to be in as good as shape as you can for that stretch.
It also appears to be the time for a lot of people where they start really feeling the effects of those cumulative damage type injuries..... BMX, martial arts, football, Motocross, etc.
Yep, that stuff really starts kickin' in during that 30-40 range (and conveniently while you're losing hormones a record pace) and it gets harder to recover, everything hurts more/longer.

Er...at least that's what I hear 'em say...
:lookaroun

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
step 1) buy a bike.
step 2) get dogs to chase you on said bike.

(seriously, though, get a bike)

media.gamerevolution.com_images_misc_sweet_20jumps.jpg

:)

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While exercise is very important in overall health and fitness, when losing weight the most important aspect is your diet.

Control your diet and you will lose weight - something that helps people is to plan your meals ahead of time, you'll know what to eat and when to eat.

ISFast

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I second the Cycling too! It pretty cool in the fact I have knee problems and I hate when you run you dont change the scenery enough for my taste. On a bike you will cover some ground and Tulsa has some great bike trails. The trail to Skiatook and back is really great and there is water at Skiatook in case you need some.

jimeradams

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While exercise is very important in overall health and fitness, when losing weight the most important aspect is your diet.

Control your diet and you will lose weight - something that helps people is to plan your meals ahead of time, you'll know what to eat and when to eat.

+1,000 on this!^ At the first of this year I was pushing 240 & my size 38's & duty belt were getting very crowded & I wasn't feeling very good at all. I was diagnosed as being diabetic (Type II) as well as being hypertensive this past April and was put on a diet by my Dr. & the diabetes info center at St. John, where I was put to work counting the carbs I ingested. Had already started an exercise program before the diagnosis, but put it in high gear. Went to the Dr. this past Tuesday , I weighed in at 183 (with all my clothes on). My Dr. cut my hypertension meds in half, as well as halving the glucophage dosage he initially put me on. So, there is an end in sight and I feel I'm slowly winning this fight!

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It can be done.

I have logged every meal since January 1st. I dropped 65 lbs but have been working to put some back on and lean out. I ran 30-50 miles in the start but run about 10 a week and focus on weight training right now. 5'7" went ~220 to 155 and hovering around 160 right now. My body fat went from ~33% to currently 18% and shooting for 14%.

I haven't been this light since 5th grade.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

My weight loss has been almost all due to diet. Not being "on a diet" just drastically changing my eating habits. I do plan to get a bike, and am doing some small things here and there as far as exercise, but 95% or more has been purely from diet.

Down to 210 as of today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom