What’s Your Opinion on How Different The US Will Be After Covid 19

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the most important thing I think is that they find a vaccine or a treatment that reduces time of sickness and death rate and quickly. The country is in deep trouble if we come out of this and go right back into it next winter. Hopefully this is a once in a lifetime event. The way I see everything the government is doing. They are simply buying time. Time to get more PPE, time to get more ventilators. Time to get tests and so one. Only GOD and China know if they created this or unleashed it on the world. Or if it really was something else that jumped from a bat. Either way Americans are soft as Mcdonalds ice cream. Right now the Chinese prop up our government with money to keep us buying the crap made by slaves. As long as all the power brokers are happy with their share and to keep the system running. Then they will keep things as it is and just keep making monopoly money.

In 1992 I got my first job in a body shop making $4.25 an hour right out of H.S. I thought man if I could ever make $10 an hour I would have a house on the lake, a boat, and a new Z-71. It took a few years but when I got $10 an hour I thought man I will never be able to have a family on this. We have devalued our money so much in my 45 years on this earth its nuts. We will continue the same practice. When I retire I may be making $100 an hour but it may still only be worth 10 of those 1992 dollars.

Last edited:

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stuck here as well , the deserving of low pay .. that is a loaded discussion. Paying some one $15 an hour to flip burgers leads to mediocrity,BUT, that is my opinion. We keep hearing how America has moved into a service society but what I see is a bunch of Americans that are unwilling to bust their ass to learn a trade. Construction industry has a huge amount of openings but so many of today's youngsters feel they can walk straight into a well paying position with zero experience. If you are unwilling to take the steps to improve your lot in life than enjoy your $9 an hour job. You get out of life what you put into it and asking the government to mandate your betterment in my opinion is just lazy. The work is out there , go find it.
So after reading some of Lindsey Graham’s opinions I think he has some valid points on this subject. Now once 30% or even 20% of the workforce begins drawing 4 grand a month from unemployment for up to 39 weeks do you honestly think some of those people will WANT to go back to work making maybe 60-75% of the free mone6 that is not taxable??? I think all that freee money will in a month will convince them selves “ why would I want to work for 20 bucks an hr even and GOBACK to work???If you guys believe that I’ve got a good deal on some ocean front property in Oologah for sale too! That single thing alone will keep the economy from rebounding for the next6-8 months. Mark my words

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another thing to consider, after millions draw that 4 grand a month I believe the melinnials will rise up and say this should be the new norm. Since govt is paying that kind of money the handouts they expect will be next. It truly scares me that they will show up at the ballot box someday and say it’s time. Such a pandemic as this plays right into their hands

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I also hope out of this our relationship with China changes. I hope we move everything out of that country that we rely on and move it back here for production, easier said that done, but it needs to happen hopefully sooner than later. I'd gladly eat more expensive Rice Crispy's from Arkansas and Louisiana.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
...a bunch of Americans that are unwilling to bust their ass to learn a trade. Construction industry has a huge amount of openings but so many of today's youngsters feel they can walk straight into a well paying position with zero experience. If you are unwilling to take the steps to improve your lot in life than enjoy your $9 an hour job.
Where / how do they learn a trade? I blame my baby boomer generation with this effort that "everyone has to go to college"...what a bunch of crap. High schools no longer have shop classes (mine had both wood and metal), Dads do not work on stuff either because they don't have the skills / interest / tools & equipment or just too busy with other hobbies. In my industry if a mechanic is not making a six figure salary they are lazy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom