What’s your preferred soda pop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first thought experience with Moxie was during a vacation to Maine. While talking with some folks who were running an antique shop, they asked me if I had tried their state soft drink Moxie. I hadn’t so they gave me one. It was very good. Tasted similar to root beer but with some differences.

Kinda like a sarsaparilla maybe?

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I rarely drink soda pop. I used to drink a lot of Pepsi. But the soda pop I liked most was birch beer, Boylan's or Johnny Ryan's. Birch beer is like root beer, but made with different spices.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably unknown to most.
Moxie.

I don’t drink soda as a rule, but once or twice a year I will have a bottle (if I can find them) or a can of Moxie. They are sold primarily in New England.
It’s a sweet and bitter old fashioned (1876) soda that was originally marketed as a nerve tonic.

Moxie. Hands down! I was practically weened on it.

Woody

EDITED TO ADD: I do drink about 8 oz of tonic water each night for the quinine to help prevent leg cramps. Works good. I just wish there was a real sugar version since I'm hypoglycemic.
Ah. Moxie. As you can see, I am another fan.

I find it at Cracker Barrel restaurant and usually buy all they have on the shelf. I bought 4 bottles this last Tuesday! It is the really best brew, the one made with pure cane sugar. It comes in bottles. Check them out (Cracker Barrel) next time you feel the need.

Woody

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grew up where pop was only a special treat like family birthdays. Orange Crush was my pick

Then later mostly Pepsi cola.
Then switched to mostly Mountain Dew
Then started reading food ingredients and quit drinking anything with sodium benzoate in it.
Back to just Pepsi.

Lately not drinking pop at all.

I would never touch that diet s**t!

Have any of you diet pop drinkers read the ingredients? That crap is future health problems in a can! Ugh! 🤮

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please be more specific about the dollop…lol

dollop /dŏl′əp/

noun​

1. A large lump or portion of a solid matter.
    "a dollop of ice cream."
  2. A small quantity or splash of a liquid.
    "a dollop of whiskey."
  3. A modicum; a bit.
    "not a dollop of truth to the story."
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition • More at Wordnik
Depends on the size of the container I guess? 😂

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

6a28c85d-5a31-4a23-aa9b-2529440df3cf_text.gif

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some "soda pop" not around any more are:
Fresca,Bubble-Up,Jolt Cola, Mr Cola, Nehi Cola, Tab and there are many more. One that I distinctly remember and not so fondly is Tab. When I was in Vietnam One could buy a case of Tab for $1.00 or less. It was the nastiest drink I have ever had and it had to be cold to drink and even then it was nasty. The clubs tried to use Tab as in Rum and Coke as well as other drinks and quickly put a stop to the use of Tab. Pallets of Tab sat in open storage and the cans rusted. They couldn't give it away, no one wanted any part of that vile stuff. Even the Vietnamese hated that liquid.
On a side note, I remember drinking Pepsi and I'd take a drink and set the can down and dang if some Vietnamese would come up and drink my Pepsi. So one day, I got some soy sauce and salt and put that mixed with water in an empty can of Pepsi and set it down and waited... I didn't have to wait long and some Vietnamese help drank form the can and quickly spit and said something I know was off-color. I never had a problem from that point on with soemone drinking my cola.

Latest posts

Top Bottom