What did you all get at the "Big Show"?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least the old Colts are shiny... So funny how a gun like the 1911, with so many produced and in circulation, people still want so much for them.

Just not worth anything to me...

It's the historical value, and not to Obi Wan you, but the are indeed "more elegant weapons from a more graceful time."

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's, "more elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

Generally, I would say that's more the Colt Police Positive.

The Colt Official Police (old models)
New Service
1903 Pocket Hammer
1903 and 1908 Hammerless and 1908 Vest Pocket Model
1902 Military
1902 Sporting
1905 .45 acp

All of the old Colts are more elegant than the black plastic crap of today. I forgot to list my favorite rare little Colt...the Banker's Special

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda wish I got some vintage ammo boxes while I was there. Old stuff is so much cooler.

I wish I lived in the '50s sometimes.

Glass bottles of Coke are the best.

DonkDonk

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a couple AR barrels, handgaurds, small parts, etc. Got in and out in 2 hours !!!

Wow... I think I got stuck on an isle for 2 hours?? When you try to see everything in 3 hours it is amazing what will drive you up the wall.

Errrr.. I sold a bunch of stuff, got a nice Para .45. Got a lot of ammo.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda wish I got some vintage ammo boxes while I was there. Old stuff is so much cooler.

I always laugh when I see those. My grandpa is the archetypical "old shooter": he has been hoarding gun crap in his basement since the Eisenhower administration. His collection of old ammo boxes must be worth like $3000...or it would be, if every box didn't have stuff like "45ACP 185gr SWC" scrawled all over it in permanent marker.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Colt Official Police (old models)
New Service
1903 Pocket Hammer
1903 and 1908 Hammerless and 1908 Vest Pocket Model
1902 Military
1902 Sporting
1905 .45 acp

All of the old Colts are more elegant than the black plastic crap of today. I forgot to list my favorite rare little Colt...the Banker's Special

I love all of those. That's why my favorite "gun movie" is The Big Sleep.

mdm.gunbroker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got there about 9:30. Extended NRA membership, got in free. My 12 yr old daughter got in for $3.00. Bought her a 50 BMG aluminum tip round for souvenir (another $3). She thought was cool. (BTW, Top Shot is shooting a 50 on Tuesday). Proceeded to have custom molded ear protection made for both. Pricey, but worth the money. bought some lense de-fogger from the next-booth neighbor ("Sir, may I clean your glasses?") While getting my ears done, Oklahoma's first blind female Concealed Weapon Permit holder walked up with her husband and was chatting with the de-fogger guy. Interesting, blind, armed, and walking a German Shepherd (Dude, you may have picked the wrong lady to mug!) Turkey Jerky from Texas Best. Toffee Almonds, Diet Coke (this is a gun show, right?) Al Mar Eagle blade. Only one he had, and it was under the counter. No box, but looked brand new. Late birthday present. No one has these in stock so I was really stoked. Checked out some incredible artwork at Pridgen Custom Knives (www.pridgencustomknives.com). Couple of Mini-14 mags, 250 rounds of Five Seven ($100.00 Ouch!). By 1:00, my daughter and I were getting itchy trigger fingers and powered through the rest of the show. Went to Albert G's for some ribs, turkey, and taboule . Ran by the house, cranked out a couple of chores, picked up the plinkers and went over to USSA to shoot. A bit windy, but rarely is there a bad day shooting. (oh yeah picked up some targets at the show too). While at the range, was talking to a young man getting ready for the Steel Challenge in the morning with his brand new M & P .22 LR. Came over to talk for a second and he noticed a pistol we had in our box. He said, "You've gotta be kidding me!" He walked over to his range bag, pulled out a sleeve and a pistol. We both had Colt Woodsmen .22 LR. His was a long barrel, ours short. It was his grandfathers, and ours belongs to my father-in-law. Fantastic pistol, and a cool coincidence. A "moment" at the range. Anyway, came home had dinner with my wife and daughter. Did Bible Study with my daughter, watched Top Shot, and put her to bed. One of the best days ever at the Gun Show, but little to do with the show. Just an excuse to hang out with my girl while I still can. Heck, the more I think about it, I could've cared less about guns or gun prices today. Grateful...

Last edited:

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got there about 9:30. Extended NRA membership, got in free. My 12 yr old daughter got in for $3.00. Bought her a 50 BMG aluminum tip round for souvenir (another $3). She thought was cool. (BTW, Top Shot is shooting a 50 on Tuesday). Proceeded to have custom molded ear protection made for both. Pricey, but worth the money. bought some lense de-fogger from the next-booth neighbor ("Sir, may I clean your glasses?") While getting my ears done, Oklahoma's first blind female Concealed Weapon Permit holder walked up with her husband and was chatting with the de-fogger guy. Interesting, blind, armed, and walking a German Shepherd (Dude, you may have picked the wrong lady to mug!) Turkey Jerky from Texas Best. Toffee Almonds, Diet Coke (this is a gun show, right?) Al Mar Eagle blade. Only one he had, and it was under the counter. No box, but looked brand new. Late birthday present. No one has these in stock so I was really stoked. Checked out some incredible artwork at Pridgen Custom Knives (www.pridgencustomknives.com). Couple of Mini-14 mags, 250 rounds of Five Seven ($100.00 Ouch!). By 1:00, my daughter and I were getting itchy trigger fingers and powered through the rest of the show. Went to Albert G's for some ribs, turkey, and taboule . Ran by the house, cranked out a couple of chores, picked up the plinkers and went over to USSA to shoot. A bit windy, but rarely is there a bad day shooting. (oh yeah picked up some targets at the show too). While at the range, was talking to a young man getting ready for the Steel Challenge in the morning with his brand new M & P .22 LR. Came over to talk for a second and he noticed a pistol we had in our box. He said, "You've gotta be kidding me!" He walked over to his range bag, pulled out a sleeve and a pistol. We both had Colt Woodsmen .22 LR. His was a long barrel, ours short. It was his grandfathers, and ours belongs to my father-in-law. Fantastic pistol, and a cool coincidence. A "moment" at the range. Anyway, came home had dinner with my wife and daughter. Did Bible Study with my daughter, watched Top Shot, and put her to bed. One of the best days ever at the Gun Show, but little to do with the show. Just an excuse to hang out with my girl while I still can. Heck, the more I think about it, I could've cared less about guns or gun prices today. Grateful...

Sounds like you had the best day of anyone who went there!

Latest posts

Top Bottom