What kind of tree is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should have a bagger on your mower sitting right behind your seat and hit a bunch of them you would swear you were mowing a bunch of rocks the way they shot up the chute and hit the hard plastic on the bagger. I have 1 yard that i maintain that has a tree in it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You should have a bagger on your mower sitting right behind your seat and hit a bunch of them you would swear you were mowing a bunch of rocks the way they shot up the chute and hit the hard plastic on the bagger. I have 1 yard that i maintain that has a tree in it.
I broke a double pane Anderson 6' roll out window when the mower hit one. After that expensive lesson, I mow so the discharge of the mower is away from the house.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I broke a double pane Anderson 6' roll out window when the mower hit one. After that expensive lesson, I mow so the discharge of the mower is away from the house.
Thats why i run a bagger on my mower in town ( most yards are small and cant always turn away from cars and dwellings)dont have any broken windows

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats why i run a bagger on my mower in town ( most yards are small and cant always turn away from cars and dwellings)dont have any broken windows
We are in the sticks, with a big 3 acre yard although I maintain almost 5 including the right of way on the road. It's a PITA to mow away from the house, shut down, make the circle and do it again, but that window wasn't cheap! No bagger option that I'm aware of for our Bad Boy 60"

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand my big mower dont have a bagger on it either but i dont use it very often except this time of year to mow under 200 pecan trees so dont have to worry about hitting anything.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I've never been around a walnut tree before when it was dropping it's nuts. I can say I learned something new today.

Found this video...Dang... What a pain in the a$$.

Definitely nothing like English walnuts.

Last edited:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bingo! We have a winner.
We have about 20+ in our yard. The green husks that were crushed to extract the juice were used by Native Americans back in the day to stun fish in streams and that is where you got the walnut stain for your woodworking projects back in the day. Not sure if they use the husks for stain now or if it's artificial.
Once the husks dry they leave the walnut inside if you want to take the time to break them out, bust em and pick out the meat.
Much easier to buy a bag at the grocers but if anybody is wanting some, I can set you up with a couple hundred pounds for free! You pick em.
It's tough walking across our yard now without turning an ankle.
RELEASE THE HOUNDS (your grand kids) Use that free child labor

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RELEASE THE HOUNDS (your grand kids) Use that free child labor

We hired grandson to pick them up one time. Told him the going price was .05 cents per nut.
A couple hours later he came in saying he was done.
We counted and owed him $60! My grandkids don’t work for free. Good capitalist upbringing. Lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom