Where's your best place to live and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't found the perfect place to live yet, but I have definitely found places that I don't want to live. Texas is one of them. Spent 15 years there, it was just like Oklahoma except more expensive. The people and most of the politics in both places are fine, I just hate the lack of real winters. I've only ever lived in OK or TX (well, Louisiana as well, but I left there at about 6 months old). I want to live somewhere that gets real snow more than once a century. Being able to live on rural land, wherever I live, and still be able to get good internet is important since I work remotely.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I spend two weeks around that area bear hunting. The rain and mist get old quick. You ever try eating bread in the rain?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I spend two weeks around that area bear hunting. The rain and mist get old quick. You ever try eating bread in the rain?

Use flour tortillas instead. Those are my camping sammich makers. Don't have worry about squishing, rain, etc. Plus, when you do chili dogs, none of the chili falls out!

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful yes, too wet for me. You grow webbed toes.

I spent 7 years in Ketchikan which gets more rain and I worked outside. I’ll take that rain over that hellish summer heat here in Oklahoma anyday of the week. And the unparalleled beauty of the temperate rainforest more then makes up for the rain.

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Use flour tortillas instead. Those are my camping sammich makers. Don't have worry about squishing, rain, etc. Plus, when you do chili dogs, none of the chili falls out!
They're also good with butter & syrup (or butter, sugar & cinnamon) for breakfast or a snack. Add toppings (including raisins, fruit and/or nuts if desired) & roll 'em up.
:drunk2:

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess you don't want any one around? Antisocial perhaps, or you like the social distance? I don't like to have my neighbor next state line over but next zip code over is fine.

I'm fine with being called anti-social. More like anti-idiot. Tired of the self-righteous media, pompous celebrities, liberal politicians, entitled college students, anarchic cities....you get the idea. I really feel like humanity has gone off a cliff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom