Who owns cats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
we do not have mice, but our 3 female cats are the first beings in the house to locate any spider or moth or other bug that ends up inside the house, they usually dispatch its ability to run or fly and torture it for awhile.

i know my grandparents have a female cat they used to let stay outside when it wanted to and it would kill mice in the field and barn and place them on the doorstep.

my sister had 3 male cats at one time all of them would go outside, but i think they said only one of them ever hunted, and it was the orange tabby, he would get all kinds of prey, mice, moles, and even a bird once, again placing the kill on the door step.

i would suppose cats are like any other animal and their temperament and actions can vary as much as anything, so i would think it could be possible you end up getting one that wants nothing to do with mice, but i am doubtful with this, if you did i would try for a cat that has all its claws. and i know we have never herd of the females spraying to mark their territory, but then agian i have not herd of any of my sisters doing that inside the house either, but people do say the males are much more likely to do so.

this option seems quite overkill tho, not sure i would recommend a cat just for mice, unless you are seriously looking for a pet, one you will love and take good care of and give all the attention it requires, i would probably just suggest calling an exterminator or getting some mouse traps and cheese, i have actually herd popcorn works better tho.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this is about cats, and getting rid of mice, so sorry for the interuption, but my 35lb Boston catches birds in the yard and eats them. I dont know how he does it. He gets the mice in the garage too, and I can see that he has gotten gophers and whatever else, but the birds, no idea how he gets them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom