'Woke and perverted': Republican lawmaker wants University of Okla. president fired over school-funded drag show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never said you were a prude. But you keep equating drag to strippers and wet t-shirt contests without knowing what the performers wore or what they did during the show. People under 21 can enter strip clubs (at least in Texas, just no drinking) so even that isn’t a good case for your argument. You’re still going to claim it’s some perversion equal to strippers so I’ll quit entertaining you and let you be mad about something at a school you don’t attend and wouldn’t have gone to the event if you were there.
Wow, I haven't said it was a perversion! I did say I don't care what a persons sexual preference is (as long as it doesn't include CHILDREN.) I have also said I don't care what adults do, or if they find a drag show entertaining or not, but honestly do you really think 10% or 20% of college age males or females say "I want to go to a drag show" on any given weekend? However drag shows are 21 y/o or older events, so guess what, your argument is just as moot as mine.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely not........

Student Activity Fee
This fee supports student organizations and services, counseling and testing, student media, career services, campus facilities, and transportation services.
I think they could make a very good argument for it falling under "[supporting] student organizations and services." Knowing what I know about the University's inner workings, I do know that they wouldn't have spent Student Activity Fee money on it if it hadn't been covered by that fee's stipulations.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed, but is it a firing offense for the president of the university?

Personally, I don’t think so and would assume the shows planning was orchestrated by some sort of student activity director or diversity and inclusion director.
The president likely didn't even know about it. When on campus for parent day, parent tours and parent Q&A day, zero LGBTQ anything is mentioned. You'll be introduced to the Director Diversity, Equity, Inclusion....they simply state their services are available and that's pretty much it. Overall I think the LGBTQ aspect is here and there on campus if you go look for it, but overall it's not shoved in the student's faces.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And that's why they paid $12K for the use of the facilities, per the Blaze article.

Doesn't really change what I said. I'll tell ya boys.....I was in a frat @ OU and we sure as chit couldn't do anything like this on campus grounds. There are PLENTY and I mean PLENTY of places to do things like this.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry you don’t enjoy entertainment. I’m straight and have attended drag shows. It’s a performance. Even if it’s someone crossdressing, it’s just a performance. Most of the time it’s like watching a concert with them performing to a song. Do you also complain if it’s an event for Chinese New Year since you’re not Chinese or wouldn’t participate?

Get over yourself and stop apologizing.

I've been to drag shows before too, had a good laugh and they don't bother me. But no kids and not in schools, or even colleges, because again, nobody else is allowed to do this. They are only doing it to appear relevant in the woke crowd. There ARE plenty of places to do this in Norman. This REALLY should be common sense to moral people.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom