worth it or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Financially, you could live in Mexico for cheaper than here and not miss the extra $500 per month you’d make if you stayed. Mentally, I can tell you I retired too early. I find a part time gig once in a while when I get bored like now when it’s winter. I don’t know you that well but I know you wouldn’t enjoy just sitting around. I certainly don’t.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you enjoy the job? If not, is an additional $6,700 worth it? Do you need to work? Does the job positively or negatively enhance your life?

Lots of things to consider. Unfortunately, only you know the answers.

Do you enjoy the job? Yes, make a counter offer; retire and work contract ($XXX dollars, 4 day week, 8 hr day MAX, what YOU want)
Do you NEED to work? Yes, then you cant retire, anyway. No, counter offer!
Does the job enhance your life? No, RUN!
Yes, counter offer.

We are extremely short handed, at the moment. Some people, in key jobs, retired. They were offered DOUBLE their pay, to stay for a year. It is a sellers market. Sell yourself. F-i-L went to retire, at 65. They made an offer, he loved the job. Stayed 5 more years. At 70, HAD to retire. They made offer to work a independent contractor, with considerable raise. He worked 5 more years. Finally, decided he had enough and turned down 3 offers to pay. He was ready to retire.

Are you ready to retire? Yes, RUN, the money isn't worth it.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most Americans face this same choice. Leave while you are younger, and healthier, more able to phyicially able o do the things you want to do, or continue to work, and have more income later? Do YOUR HOMEWORK, make sure you have ACCURATE INFORMATION FROM THE SORCE, NOT RUMOR, to base your decision on, then decide! I retired at 56 years old, 6 years before I could get on Medicare, but my employier provided my family the same health insurance I had while working, at the same out of pocket cost to me for this 6 years, for me, and for 8 years for my wife! That made my choice muh easier! I have been retired 19 years now, and haven't regretted it yet!

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom