Bunn coffee maker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smelly like a skunk????
Sounds like the gal who rushed to get in front of me in getting out of WalMart a few months ago. An older obvious chain smoker who must've been outside in the heat all day, wearing a tank top, she just had to raise her hand to wave to someone. That smell had so much punch I'm not sure how the smell didn't knock me off my feet.

Wish I hadn't slept in this morning; we could've used that coffee maker at work, even with most of our staff working remotely. We had Bunn coffee makers at my previous employer, most of them being the ones with two warming plates in addition to the one under the filter basket and plumbed into the building's water supply, and they were usually going all day. I don't recall any of the failing, either.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well unfortunately I can't find room for this coffee maker in my tiny kitchen.

If anyone is interested in it, let me know through a PM.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you generally like restaurant coffee?

No. I prefer very strong coffee. Most restaurants brew for the masses. I will say the only thing I consider buying from McDonald’s is their coffee.
We burn up the road between Ponca And Broken Arrow. I typically run out of coffee about the location of the McDonald’s on 412 so we stop in and get a refill.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well unfortunately I can't find room for this coffee maker in my tiny kitchen.

If anyone is interested in it, let me know through a PM.

Check with @SoonerP226 . Just above your last comment he made mention that it could be useful at his work and that he was sorry that he didn't see Swampratt's post until too late.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Check with SoonerP226. Just above your last comment he made mention that it could be useful at his work and that he was sorry that he didn't see Swampratt's post until too late.
Yeah, I've been in touch with him. He wants it.

I'm just waiting to hear back from @swampratt to see if he wants it back first.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
No. I prefer very strong coffee. Most restaurants brew for the masses. I will say the only thing I consider buying from McDonald’s is their coffee.
We burn up the road between Ponca And Broken Arrow. I typically run out of coffee about the location of the McDonald’s on 412 so we stop in and get a refill.
Most of the Mickie D's have McCafe's and a triple shot Americano will curl your toes...

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drink coffee so often ,I have a folgers metal can never been opened long before they quit metal cans. I love the smell of brewing coffee, I just don't crave the taste. Reduce your addictions

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to tell a story. Back in 1970, my family lived on an island at the Jersey Shore, Long Beach Island. My mom worked in the office at a hotel and she dealt with the coffee vendor for the hotel. He showed her one of the first Bunn coffee makers for a small office. At the time, our percolator was on it's last legs--it took an hour to brew one pot of coffee. My dad was a policeman in the town. The police department had a rotating schedule--one week each of day shift, night shift and mid shift, followed by a week off. Mom would have to start making coffee for Dad an hour before he woke up for mid shift.

She asked the coffee vendor if she could buy the Bunn coffee maker. I can't remember if he said she could or if she had to rent it, but I do know she had to buy coffee from him to be able to get the coffee maker. She agreed, and we became one of the first homes in America to have an automatic drip coffee maker in their kitchen (judging by the fact that both Bunn and Mr. Coffee introduced their home machines in 1972.) My Dad loved the maker. He could start a pot going when he woke up, take a shower, and have fresh coffee by the time he was dressed. We eventually switched back to using store bought coffee, probably because the contract ended and we now owned the maker.

Since we were a lower middle class family where both parents had to work, we were never the first with anything new. I remember our first color TV--it was one of the last of the round tube Zenith TVs made in America, as my Dad, who had been a TV repairman before becoming a policeman, refused to have a TV made in Japan. To be not just on the cutting edge of coffee makers, but on the bleeding edge, was something remarkable to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom