Coffee Consumption

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much coffee do you consume per day?

• >2 pots

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 1-2 pots

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • 5+ cups

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • 2-4 cups

Votes: 72 41.6%
  • 1 cup

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • <1 cup

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • none

Votes: 31 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Drink it!

While brewing the next pot of course!

And yes, I reuse filters for a couple days. Usually 2 a week. I just add a little more grounds each day. I'm sure it's healthy.

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think my middle name is coffee. I usually drink a pot before I go to work and always take a thermos full with me.
I then make a fresh pot as soon as I get home. It's the one thing I have to have, and have taken coffee drinking
very serious. To the tune of buying 20+ lbs of green bean (only Guatemalan) and roast on occasion and grind them fresh daily. I don't roast all the time. I have become spoiled to Guatemala Antigua coffee and buy whole bean by the 5lb. bag online. The green beans are bought for storage purposes and if kept in a stable environment, will last for years and years. When I buy green beans online, I package them in airtight sealer bags and store them away until I'm ready for fresh roasted.
I know coffee drinkers that take their coffee makers serious as I do. I have tried many different coffee makers over the years and have found that the Bunn that runs about $100 makes the best danged cup of coffee you'll ever drink! Be
forewarned, you will throw out all other coffee makers after drinking coffee from one of them. Bunn makes several types
of coffee makers and one goes for around $65 dollars. It's crap in my opinion compared to their $99 maker. They will last you forever and make a perfect brew every time. We seriously get compliments from friends and family who love to drink our coffee.
There's an online coffee company called "Coffee AM" we order most of the 5lb. bags from and they will always send a free 1/2 lb. sampler bag with each 5lb. order. We usually give these away because most are flavored coffees and we despise flavored coffee. Make mine plain black and leave out the kids crap like sugar and creamer so I can actually
taste the real flavor. It took awhile to convince my wife to chunk the sugar and creamer and she now says she can't stand anything in her coffee either. Ahh Coffee! Nectar of the God's!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Starbucks and the phrase "good stuff" do NOT belong in the same sentence ... unless "good stuff" is immediately proceeded by "NOT" ... :puke:

I'm on a cold brewing kick right now ... all the coffee goodness without the acidity (which makes my tummy VERY unhappy :() with the added bonus that it doesn't go stale ... so I can have 1 or 20 cups and it's all good to the last drop! :)

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

i like the Pike Place, and the Casi Cielo, but yea they are for the most part too acidic and over-roasted. How they get that much acid in a coffee that is that over roasted is beyond me. So one cup is my limit there. I don't like too light a roast (like their Blonde) as those are too fruity and acidic, but the oils that come out in their darker roasts are very off-putting and tear up my gut.

I have 2-4 cups per day. My bag is Topeca, a local roaster here in Tulsa. They sell a cheap blend called Roughneck via Reasor's for 4 something per pound. It's not labeled with their name anywhere but they make it if you check the address on the packaging :) I get the light roast but brew it strong (1 measured cup - that is 8 volume ounces - of grounds per 12 "cup" pot) Best value in coffee out there.

If I feel spendy, I spring for their Ayutepeque and grind it coarse for my french press. It's a very low acidity coffee and have some very good nutty notes without being overly burnt.

After those cups, I switch to iced tea. Sometimes black, less often yerba mate, but usually green tea with some stevia. Green tea + stevia is like drinking 0 calorie candy. I have a quart of two of that a day.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my coffee story:

OkTribalCop and myself used to work together as security at the FAA Center. We were working the commercial entrance (ILS North for those familiar with the center) where we checked in construction workers, delivery drivers, copy repairmen, etc. The building also was where all the higher supervisors' offices were. Our post supervisor wanted to suck up to all the higher ups so he brings a coffee maker and coffee into our office and makes coffee every morning for them. It's his machine, he's buying the coffee and none of us actually working there drink coffee including him. Well, it worked and he was promoted to a night shift supervisor. I was promoted to his spot.

The morning supervisor comes in one morning right after I'd been promoted and the coffee pot is empty. He (dick) proceeds to tell me part of my job is to make coffee for the people in the building (meaning him and the other supervisors). So it begins... I make the coffee. OkTribalCop and I make the coffee every morning after that. We get there at 5:30 A.M. The morning shift supervisors come in at 7 A.M. Every morning there is a fresh pot waiting. After bitching about making coffee, some of my coworkers told me to file a grievance. We were union. I told them no, I'd rather just make the coffee myself.

Every morning we walk the pot of old coffee with however much is left in it from the day before over to the water fountain and top it off with fresh water. We don't dump the old coffee. We recycle. We then pour it into the coffee grounds and filter from the day prior. Pot runs out? No problem. Let me make another for you.

Over probably a year (until the night supervisor left the job and took the maker with him), the grounds and filter were maybe changed twice (when someone happened to catch it). I think one time we make it 6-7 months on the same stuff. It was like a hockey puck. There was only the outer edge of filter left. I think there was **** growing in it after the first few weeks. Maybe once a month we'd add a spoon full of fresh grounds to the hockey puck of old crap.

Truck drivers and construction workers would come in and ask if they could have a cup. We didn't have cups so we told them if they brought in their cup, the could have as much as they wanted. We did warn the guests that we "heard" it wasn't very good. They always took it although some of the looks on their faces after a sip was priceless.

Moral of the story: Don't have non-coffee drinkers make your coffee.

OKSpeedDemon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my coffee story:

OkTribalCop and myself used to work together as security at the FAA Center. We were working the commercial entrance (ILS North for those familiar with the center) where we checked in construction workers, delivery drivers, copy repairmen, etc. The building also was where all the higher supervisors' offices were. Our post supervisor wanted to suck up to all the higher ups so he brings a coffee maker and coffee into our office and makes coffee every morning for them. It's his machine, he's buying the coffee and none of us actually working there drink coffee including him. Well, it worked and he was promoted to a night shift supervisor. I was promoted to his spot.

The morning supervisor comes in one morning right after I'd been promoted and the coffee pot is empty. He (dick) proceeds to tell me part of my job is to make coffee for the people in the building (meaning him and the other supervisors). So it begins... I make the coffee. OkTribalCop and I make the coffee every morning after that. We get there at 5:30 A.M. The morning shift supervisors come in at 7 A.M. Every morning there is a fresh pot waiting. After bitching about making coffee, some of my coworkers told me to file a grievance. We were union. I told them no, I'd rather just make the coffee myself.

Every morning we walk the pot of old coffee with however much is left in it from the day before over to the water fountain and top it off with fresh water. We don't dump the old coffee. We recycle. We then pour it into the coffee grounds and filter from the day prior. Pot runs out? No problem. Let me make another for you.

Over probably a year (until the night supervisor left the job and took the maker with him), the grounds and filter were maybe changed twice (when someone happened to catch it). I think one time we make it 6-7 months on the same stuff. It was like a hockey puck. There was only the outer edge of filter left. I think there was **** growing in it after the first few weeks. Maybe once a month we'd add a spoon full of fresh grounds to the hockey puck of old crap.

Truck drivers and construction workers would come in and ask if they could have a cup. We didn't have cups so we told them if they brought in their cup, the could have as much as they wanted. We did warn the guests that we "heard" it wasn't very good. They always took it although some of the looks on their faces after a sip was priceless.

Moral of the story: Don't have non-coffee drinkers make your coffee.

Those where the good old days! LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom