Coffee Consumption

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much coffee do you consume per day?

• >2 pots

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 1-2 pots

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • 5+ cups

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • 2-4 cups

Votes: 72 41.6%
  • 1 cup

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • <1 cup

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • none

Votes: 31 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSU Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I easily have 5 cups a day. I prefer Henderson Coffee, oldest roaster in Oklahoma based in Muskogee, but settle for Dunkin Donuts when that runs out. We have folgers filter packs at work and it's terrible, but it is better than nothing.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I easily have 5 cups a day. I prefer Henderson Coffee, oldest roaster in Oklahoma based in Muskogee, but settle for Dunkin Donuts when that runs out. We have folgers filter packs at work and it's terrible, but it is better than nothing.

This makes me shudder. They are pretty foul.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coffee is just you damned Colonials being disagreeable.* Proper gentlemen drink tea.

That said, We take a bit ourselves. We're particular about the house brew: Ethiopian Yirgachef, with a bit of heavy cream.

Try it. And don't blame us when you find a new vice.

* Historically accurate. Coffee became popular in the United States as a general rebellion against the English tea tradition.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coffee is just you damned Colonials being disagreeable.* Proper gentlemen drink tea.

That said, We take a bit ourselves. We're particular about the house brew: Ethiopian Yirgachef, with a bit of heavy cream.

Try it. And don't blame us when you find a new vice.

* Historically accurate. Coffee became popular in the United States as a general rebellion against the English tea tradition.

Yirgacheffe is good stuff but too bright (acidic) for my palate. Just my preference though. I also drink my share of tea, more tea than coffee actually.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm one of those people who doesn't even like the smell of coffee. I get to work in the mornings and there will be a pot brewing in the breakroom. Smells like a dead cat under an abandoned trailer. Even better is when the old grounds get dumped in the top of the trashcan for all to enjoy. That's just lovely.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i like the Pike Place, and the Casi Cielo, but yea they are for the most part too acidic and over-roasted. How they get that much acid in a coffee that is that over roasted is beyond me. So one cup is my limit there. I don't like too light a roast (like their Blonde) as those are too fruity and acidic, but the oils that come out in their darker roasts are very off-putting and tear up my gut.

I have 2-4 cups per day. My bag is Topeca, a local roaster here in Tulsa. They sell a cheap blend called Roughneck via Reasor's for 4 something per pound. It's not labeled with their name anywhere but they make it if you check the address on the packaging :) I get the light roast but brew it strong (1 measured cup - that is 8 volume ounces - of grounds per 12 "cup" pot) Best value in coffee out there.

If I feel spendy, I spring for their Ayutepeque and grind it coarse for my french press. It's a very low acidity coffee and have some very good nutty notes without being overly burnt.

After those cups, I switch to iced tea. Sometimes black, less often yerba mate, but usually green tea with some stevia. Green tea + stevia is like drinking 0 calorie candy. I have a quart of two of that a day.

What green tea do you buy? The wife is trying to get me to quit drinking about 12 gallons of super sweet tea a day so I have to find something else.

Never really been a coffee drinker. I used to have a cup or two every morning when we had a Keurig at the house but never really got hooked. Last time I drank coffee it ruined an awesome waterfowl hunt for me. Birds always came in when the "digestive benefits" kicked in.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
My coffee maker bit the dust yesterday, so I used the French press this morning.

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_7B1180D2_7A22_4FF4_ABF1_BD28817F66C7_zpsficpbau8.jpg

It's strong. Nom-Nom!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom