Do you still write checks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many checks do you write?

• None

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • 2-3 per year

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • 2-3 per month

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • 2-3 per week

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only place that gets a check is the Ok. Tax Commission or the IRS. Tag agents won't take plastic because they can't pay the interchange fee.

Check? Nope, and I don't even use a debit card anymore. Pay with a credit card for just about everything. Why use my own money?

Most fast food places I go to around here, plastic is faster than cash. Just swipe and go, no sig required and no counting change back. Hell, Target doesn't even make you sign for under what, $50? However I still usually pay with cash at the sandwich, burger shops, etc regardless.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wish THEY would go ahead and insert biometric chips into the back of our hands that link to our bank accounts. Then we could be done with cash, checks and credit cards. Then you can just be scanned and PRESTO! it's done...Just like OBAMA CARE, force everyone to do it.

C

cpolesen

Only to the great state of Oklahoma for tags. The state charges for you to use your debit card. To me that is ridiculous so I write a check.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we just wrote 8 checks in the past 2 days. My wife writes a check for her tithe at church and we pay our bills with checks. If we go out though it's cash or card.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just wish THEY would go ahead and insert biometric chips into the back of our hands that link to our bank accounts. Then we could be done with cash, checks and credit cards. Then you can just be scanned and PRESTO! it's done...Just like OBAMA CARE, force everyone to do it.

Yeah...then we'd have to wear lead-lined gloves to keep the thieves from scanning our paws.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I use checks or cash. Only exception is a debit card used solely for gas after hours when stations are closed. Plastic makes it to easy to spend money for me. Using cash or writing a check forces me to think about what I am buying. Whether or not I really need it.

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom