Do you still write checks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many checks do you write?

• None

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • 2-3 per year

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • 2-3 per month

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • 2-3 per week

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't eat at the those places that make chicken salad sandwiches with apples in them, or organic greens or any of those things. For me, it's about fast, flavorless, processed and hormone-injected mega-carbs on the road.

So I doubt we cross paths very much.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How do prepared-type gun dudes not carry cash? How do you buy a taco at a taco stand? How do you buy something at a flea market? What do you do buy that old shotgun or fishing rod with at that yard sale you just happen to pass? What do you do when you get out in the sticks and go to a place that doesn't accept plastic?

People that don't carry cash blow my mind. I got my dad's habit of getting some 20's back whenever you make a deposit (dad hated large bills because people can't change them, and he was afraid he'd spend a 50 as a 5 or a 100 as a 10), and $50-$100 ratholed back in your wallet for emergencies.

One time I was on the turnpike, before I had a pike pass, and this dude from out of state just sat there in his Porsche Cayenne for a ridiculous amount of time. He walked back to my poor ass and was like "I'm so sorry, but I haven't carried cash in years." I had to pay this fawker's toll because he was too modern to carry money. The dude in the Porsche literally did not have two nickels to rub together. I'd no more take a road trip without cash than I would without pants.

^^^This again.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We pay annual HOA fees with checks and every year or two when we travel with my father-in-law, for example, he'll put the tickets all on his card and we'll cut him a check for our portion.

So, at most, 2-3 checks a year. We're still using the same book of a checks from when we opened our joint account almost 4 years ago.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't eat at the those places that make chicken salad sandwiches with apples in them, or organic greens or any of those things. For me, it's about fast, flavorless, processed and hormone-injected mega-carbs on the road.

So I doubt we cross paths very much.

Somehow you've confused that fact that I eat unhealthy food at cheap dives with eating healthy food at hippie places.

I've only been to organic hippie places when I was dragged there. I'm sure cards are kosher there, because a modern hippie is just a yuppie without chinos. They both are fond of un-dudely things like not carrying cash. :D

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^This again.

We're alone in a changing world, redmax. These progressives are gonna be the death of us.

Sometimes I'll see an old farmer in town pay for something with a wad of cash he keeps in the front pocket of his overalls and it makes me smile. I mean, you want your grandpa to be that guy, not the guy who doesn't have cash for a toll. That's no excuse for a grandpa. An America without cash is an America without apple pie, Willie Nelson albums, Chevy Bel Airs, soapbox derbies and blue plate specials.

tRdoc still thinks I'm an elitist privileged hipster-health-nut because I said shopping at Wal-Mart bums me out once. Lawl. My favorite restaurants are dirt cheap and questionably clean, and at my favorite vacation spots, people outnumber teeth. And my diet is horrible. It's just that Wal-Mart is depressing.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandma pays for things with checks, but she fills out everything but the amount before she gets in line because she is not oblivious. In her day, wormens carried checks and fellas carried folding money.

She's also almost 85, so don't be hasslin' her.

1S1K

I have not used any checks in the last 8 years or so. Always carry cash, cc most of the time and has probably claimed over 2k worth of gift cards from reward points.

Latest posts

Top Bottom