Do you still write checks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many checks do you write?

• None

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • 2-3 per year

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • 2-3 per month

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • 2-3 per week

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

P35

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pay a few bills with checks. Pay service guys, etc. with checks.

I'm usually in line wishing plagues and pestilence upon the person writing a check for some piddly amount at the store. I give octogenarians a bit of slack, but if you're under 80 years old and you're writing a check for few bucks at a store, I hate you and wish you would stop existing.

Same goes for people who pay for a $7 lunch with a credit card at a joint where everyone else is paying in cash, and we all have to wait there while they bumble and fumble and print sh*t off and make your dumb ass sign it like you're signing a 30-year mortgage on a gotdamn meatball sub. You suck and I hate you. Get money. Come back when you have money and then you may have a sandwich. You suck. You're probably reading this and already rationalizing why you pay for sandwiches with a credit card, because that's what people who suck do. Just stop now, because trust me, you suck.
Amen, and get off your #!*^#*@! cell phone while you're doing it

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pay a few bills with checks. Pay service guys, etc. with checks.

I'm usually in line wishing plagues and pestilence upon the person writing a check for some piddly amount at the store. I give octogenarians a bit of slack, but if you're under 80 years old and you're writing a check for few bucks at a store, I hate you and wish you would stop existing.

Same goes for people who pay for a $7 lunch with a credit card at a joint where everyone else is paying in cash, and we all have to wait there while they bumble and fumble and print sh*t off and make your dumb ass sign it like you're signing a 30-year mortgage on a gotdamn meatball sub. You suck and I hate you. Get money. Come back when you have money and then you may have a sandwich. You suck. You're probably reading this and already rationalizing why you pay for sandwiches with a credit card, because that's what people who suck do. Just stop now, because trust me, you suck.

I agree.

Except for the part about the $7 sub and the credit card. I'm that douche. Hey - I gets cash back! (that I won't use the next time, either)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never carry cash. If you honestly think that high-school dropout behind the register can make change for you counting on fingers and toes is even a second quicker than me scanning my card and signing the receipt, you're delusional.

Not to mention that at least half the places these days don't even require a signature.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
i guess im a debit card d-bag....... my wife dont let me have cash because she cant track it online throughout the day.....

Hahaha.... my mom does that to my step-dad. She's a massive control freak and it drives him up the wall.

My wife doesn't have to track it. I tell her about all my purchases and she just rolls her eyes. Like the 900 rounds of ammo last night at Wal-Mart, lol.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do prepared-type gun dudes not carry cash? How do you buy a taco at a taco stand? How do you buy something at a flea market? What do you do buy that old shotgun or fishing rod with at that yard sale you just happen to pass? What do you do when you get out in the sticks and go to a place that doesn't accept plastic?

People that don't carry cash blow my mind. I got my dad's habit of getting some 20's back whenever you make a deposit (dad hated large bills because people can't change them, and he was afraid he'd spend a 50 as a 5 or a 100 as a 10), and $50-$100 ratholed back in your wallet for emergencies.

One time I was on the turnpike, before I had a pike pass, and this dude from out of state just sat there in his Porsche Cayenne for a ridiculous amount of time. He walked back to my poor ass and was like "I'm so sorry, but I haven't carried cash in years." I had to pay this fawker's toll because he was too modern to carry money. The dude in the Porsche literally did not have two nickels to rub together. I'd no more take a road trip without cash than I would without pants.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do prepared-type gun dudes not carry cash? How do you buy a taco at a taco stand? How do you buy something at a flea market? What do you do buy that old shotgun or fishing rod with at that yard sale you just happen to pass? What do you do when you get out in the sticks and go to a place that doesn't accept plastic?

People that don't carry cash blow my mind. I got my dad's habit of getting some 20's back whenever you make a deposit (dad hated large bills because people can't change them, and he was afraid he'd spend a 50 as a 5 or a 100 as a 10), and $50-$100 ratholed back in your wallet for emergencies.

One time I was on the turnpike, before I had a pike pass, and this dude from out of state just sat there in his Porsche Cayenne for a ridiculous amount of time. He walked back to my poor ass and was like "I'm so sorry, but I haven't carried cash in years." I had to pay this fawker's toll because he was too modern to carry money. The dude in the Porsche literally did not have two nickels to rub together. I'd no more take a road trip without cash than I would without pants.

I seldom, if ever, find myself in a situation where I really need cash and don't have any. Sure, there are some situations where it might be handy, but need and want are different things.

I do carry some cash "squirreled away", but that is for emergencies, not for paying for a $7 sandwich so people behind me in line can theoretically get back out to their Yuppie-mobiles 10 seconds quicker.

You're talking about apples and oranges.

<edit> And I have PikePass... so that effer can sit there all damned day, doesn't make a shite to me.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seldom, if ever, find myself in a situation where I really need cash and don't have any. Sure, there are some situations where it might be handy, but need and want are different things.

I do carry some cash "squirreled away", but that is for emergencies, not for paying for a $7 sandwich so people behind me in line can theoretically get back out to their Yuppie-mobiles 10 seconds quicker.

You're talking about apples and oranges.

<edit> And I have PikePass... so that effer can sit there all damned day, doesn't make a shite to me.

I literally encounter situations where I need cash on a weekly basis. My slumming lifestyle might have something to do with it, tho.

And it's usually some Yuppie that's trying use a credit card at a place where the help doesn't speak English that holds me up. Probably the Yuppie whose toll I paid on the turnpike. I'm not talking about Subway or Mickey D's. I'm sure people there take cards all day quickly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom