Gov. Stitt declares Oklahoma special election for recreational marijuana vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
That's a loaded question. If they are smoking "dope", I'm gonna assume it's Weed and not hard drugs. There has to be context.

I've met dudes who are choirboys, but I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. I've met dudes who were shrubs and I'd give them my last dollar.

That said, if the only qual was they had the same skillset and one smokes weed and the other doesn't (My question is how do I know that because that's presumed confidential), I'd take the dude who smoked...because he's honest by telling me he smokes weed.
So you’re making the assumption the other guy is lying?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
As Jev said it all depends on context. Most things in life are not so black-and-white.. lots of gray area and nuance.

But if you are wanting a short answer I would say most of the time I would choose the person who did not smoke. Especially if the smoking individual is deep into the stoner culture. I can’t stand the potheads who constantly stay high and live sloppy lives either man.

I’m just saying that what this is about is that people are realizing there is a percentage of the population who use cannabis responsibly who are not idiot potheads.

By the way I do own my own business. I’m a residential construction contractor. I’ve never had more than four employees. I’m small time, but I deal with a lot of subcontractors too. Obviously in construction there are plenty of druggies drunks and potheads… I will say this every time though, I would hire a pot smoker over a damn alcoholic any day of the week
So would I. I would hire the guy who doesn’t smoke as well. I would also agree some use cannabis responsibly but doubt that most do. i personally think it contributes to the general decline of morality we are experiencing these days.

SPOONBILL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So would I. I would hire the guy who doesn’t smoke as well. I would also agree some use cannabis responsibly but doubt that most do. i personally think it contributes to the general decline of morality we are experiencing these days.
Probably mo4e degenerate drunks out the4e than potheads. Not sure through. I really dont like to be around either

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are already too many degenerates. If we look around it is easy to see we have a whole society of screw ups who want everyone else to work while they sit unproductive and lazy. Look at the thread about the guy reporting his work experience. The worst thing is that the other employees he is talking about are the ones that are at work! They are already ahead of the ones who won't even go! We have a whole nation of these people! Where is my check? Where is my entitlement? I'm not saying we should go all puritan with the laws, but let's not go out of our way to screw things up even further just to see what happens. We are already on a collision course with stupid and disaster.

My wife was telling me she just read that our OK 8th graders are LAST in the nation in math testing. LAST. Maybe their parents were on the pot when they were conceived/pregnant and maybe their parents can't help them with homework because their brains are fried or maybe their parents are too busy smoking pot to help them or maybe it is all 3. Could it not be the result of POT? Sure, but it certainly isn't being improved by it.

Pot is being heralded like it is the new wonder solution to everyone's problems, it is better than drinking, it is better than pain pills, blah blah blah. It is like Chris Rock's get that tussin on in there. You got a problem? Get some pot on in there. They are all bad and trying to say one is good compared to another is just a fools argument. Being addicted to alcohol, pain pills, and/or pot is bad. It will diminish one's life and the life of others. It already sucks what has happened in our great state with the weed shops on every corner and the everyone driving 20 miles an hour because they are on something; I see no reason to further our descent so I will be voting no.

And for those of you who are black and white thinkers saying it is about freedom. 10 years from now, 20 years from now, when society is even worse off than it is now, and more people are a slave to addiction, maybe you'll understand that life isn't always black and white.

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know some old broke down and beat up folks my age & older that never smoked as much as a cigarette, and they are using the edibles for medicinal purposes as the law intended.

The couple three I know swear it has changed their lives as far as pain and sleep and overall well being. One of these is a gun owner and he’s skirting the law by not having a card, and he’s having a young relative purchase it for him. That’s a shame. I wish the feds would act and correct the law as it pertains to firearms.

As before, I can’t believe the handful of prescription and OTC pills I take every morning & night for the plates, screws and bent and broken parts of my body are any better for me than a THC gummy would be. As it stands, I can’t even try one without breaking the law. I wish that would change.
it's the smoke that gets you not the THC,

jeromebill7718

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a general decline in morality, weak parentlng, and lack of self discipline among many people is the cause. It’s much easier to live a life of indulgence and there is little to no consequence for it.
6 in one hand and a half dozen in the other. Drinking, smoking cigarettes, etc are same as smoking dope. The weed just hits you quicker because you are smoking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom