How long do you keep the tree?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was easy last year. We got into a big blowout over something and I got mad and punched the fake Christmas tree. Broke it in half. She had to throw it all away. And then I had to go out and buy her a new one this year. Trying to keep the temper under control, that was an expensive tree she picked out...

A feller has to be pretty piised to punch a Christmas tree. That's like kickin a puppy. How big of a turd did you feel like when you came back to your senses?

LOL

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A feller has to be pretty piised to punch a Christmas tree. That's like kickin a puppy. How big of a turd did you feel like when you came back to your senses?

LOL
That was back when the last and worst one of our mixed bunch of kids was still home and 90% of our arguments at the time had something to do with him. He's at college now and no more kids at home and its so peaceful around here. We get along like newlyweds again. Like my dad Im a bigger fella and also like him Im normally pretty chill and easy going most of the time and it usually takes a bit to really pizz me off enough to lose it, my wife on the other hand is a lil petite part Italian redhead with a smart mouth sometimes who really knows how to punch my buttons and she got into my azz about something I did to the poor kid on New Years Eve and it went from there. And yes, I felt like a real turd for F'ing up the Christmas tree and some decorations we had had for a long time. My mom even called me about it and chewed me out and Im 46 yrs old. I made up for it by making sure this year that things were really Christmas'y and we did have a nice one, we only joked a few times about last year and we were laughing about it so things are cool now. When it happened even my own dog who Ive had for 7 years and raised him from a baby wouldnt even come near me for a few days.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You aren't the first and wont be the last to beak something due to something done by a spouses child.

When I graduated HS at my party my father told me that he had a chance to take me out a few times when we would be hunting but he never did. I asked him if he regretted it and he said a few times. I was kind of hurt about it for awhile because he was serious it seemed. Now as a father myself I totally understand...

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We leave our Christmas stuff up until Jan 2nd. Then everything comes down. We try to plant a tree for our Christmas tree, so it can keep growing afterward. Sometimes it lives sometimes it doesn't. We've gotten a few new trees on our land this way. I just don't like the idea of cutting and killing them just for a holiday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom