I can't taste my coffee!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I got tested at the drive-thru test at my doc's office complex, they said don't get a second test, as you can test positive for up to 12 weeks afterward. At this point you might be better off assuming that you've had it, unless you need the documentation.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! It's been a booger trying to get a covid test so that I can go back to work even though I was isolated for three weeks.

Had one scheduled for this afternoon, which was the earliest anyone could test me this week, but they called this morning and said that they ran out of tests so call elsewhere.

Called my primary care clinic, again, and they might be able to do it although they aren't set up for it. ??? Waiting on a call back.

Urgent care won't even answer the phone because they are so booked up.

Scheduled a test at CVS. The earliest they can get me in is tomorrow afternoon.

No one has the rapid test around here so at this rate I may miss more work waiting on results after already missing four weeks. This is getting rough on the wallet!
Our county health department was doing drive through tests as of a couple weeks ago.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When I got tested at the drive-thru test at my doc's office complex, they said don't get a second test, as you can test positive for up to 12 weeks afterward. At this point you might be better off assuming that you've had it, unless you need the documentation.
Like I said, I need it to return to work. They are requiring it.

I don't know if I had covid or not but IIRC the required quarantine for covid is ten days. I was completely isolated for twenty days but they are still requiring a test before I return to work.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, if you want to drive to BA, the St. Francis facility on Elm is still doing drive-thru testing. I have no idea how much they charge (my doctor is in the St. Francis system), but I got the test on a Friday afternoon and had the result on Saturday afternoon.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! It's been a booger trying to get a covid test so that I can go back to work even though I was isolated for three weeks.

Had one scheduled for this afternoon, which was the earliest anyone could test me this week, but they called this morning and said that they ran out of tests so call elsewhere.

Called my primary care clinic, again, and they might be able to do it although they aren't set up for it. ??? Waiting on a call back.

Urgent care won't even answer the phone because they are so booked up.

Scheduled a test at CVS. The earliest they can get me in is tomorrow afternoon.

No one has the rapid test around here so at this rate I may miss more work waiting on results after already missing four weeks. This is getting rough on the wallet!
Got any 7.62x39 stashed? If so PM me. We can work something out.....😁

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Our county health department was doing drive through tests as of a couple weeks ago.
I just got a call back from my primary care clinic and they are going to test me this afternoon.

Funny thing, after I reminded them that I just recently got insurance coverage, they all of a sudden are not only willing to give me a covid test, but it will be the rapid test so they will know the results very quickly, and if it comes back negative they are going to give me a full blown check up doctor's appointment right after they get the results today, because I'm due for one.

What a coincidence.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
FWIW, if you want to drive to BA, the St. Francis facility on Elm is still doing drive-thru testing. I have no idea how much they charge (my doctor is in the St. Francis system), but I got the test on a Friday afternoon and had the result on Saturday afternoon.
Thanks. I think I've got it covered now.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree with Sooner here. I was first tested on Sunday evening. Then on Monday morning, I had a video conference with my doctor at 10:30. We spoke of retesting at the end of the quarantine period and she told us the same thing, that one could test positive still at around 90 days. She said that if we wanted to retest, wait longer than 90.

Sorry for your problems with work, Don, but it sounds like someone there needs to be educated about how long Covid can be detected after contracting it and treatment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom