Is anyone on here muslim?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My view on Prosperity vs. Poverty is that once you give up on finding happiness in material things (and outward appearances) and focus on the things that really matter, then things like prosperity cease to matter. If you're in poverty, then cool... If you happen to be prosperous, then that's cool too, but no one can take away that thing that truly makes you happy if it isn't measured in shallow outward or material standards.

Operate from the soul and not the ego. I wish I could truly do accomplish this. the people I have known whom truly live like this, are much happier, less anxious and generally more "present" in their lives.

My view on prosperity is slightly different. Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy security. Security enhances peace of mind, which subsequently enables happiness. Happiness tends to flow outward towards others. Prosperity in and of itself doesn't promote positive behavior, but it does make it a little easier to be more generous. I tend to give more now than when I lived paycheck to paycheck. That said, if you're well to do and still obsess over money, then you're battling your own demons. No amount of wealth will heal a soul in conflict with itself.

I find the thing I'm most possessive of is time. There's a finite supply of it and I can't create more. If I'm giving you my time freely, you're getting something more valuable to me than money and in some way, you've earned it. :)

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, ya'll. There's just too much stuff here to read through it all. Did any Muslim ever respond to the OP's first post?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My view on prosperity is slightly different. Money doesn't buy happiness, but money does buy security. Security enhances peace of mind, which subsequently enables happiness. Happiness tends to flow outward towards others. Prosperity in and of itself doesn't promote positive behavior, but it does make it a little easier to be more generous. I tend to give more now than when I lived paycheck to paycheck. That said, if you're well to do and still obsess over money, then you're battling your own demons. No amount of wealth will heal a soul in conflict with itself.

I find the thing I'm most possessive of is time. There's a finite supply of it and I can't create more. If I'm giving you my time freely, you're getting something more valuable to me than money and in some way, you've earned it. :)

Well said

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So I read/skimmmed through most of that, and I was reading just before I stopped, I had to ask myself why the Apostle Paul didn't mention anything about the complete authority Peter had over the church, much less, any authority that would be given someone after Peter. What about the Five Fold Ministry, some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some evangelist's, pastors, and teachers. I didn't read anything about a singular individual such as a pope. None the less, I have heard the scripture you gave as a blanket scripture for all Christians without ever thinking about, reading it now, I don't believe that it is until look at it some more later.

I believed a long time ago, but when I look and see what's going on in a little country as small as Israel, it only strengthens my faith. If what is happening over there today isn't enough to make anyone else think, well...how about when Israel starts building their temple on the Temple Mount, would that be enough? I am most curious as to how they're going to pull that off.

For the spirit of the thread, I'm not muslim.

Israeli MK calls for Third Temple in Jerusalem
Written by Chris Perver
Wednesday, 01 August 2012 23:20

As Jewish people around the world commemorate the double anniversary of the destructions of the First and Second Temples at the hands of the Babylonians and Romans, preparations are being made for the rebuilding of a Third Temple in Jerusalem. Last weekend, as night fell on the ninth of Av, orthodox Jews belonging to the Temple Institute gathered in the Jewish quarter in Jerusalem to construct a miniature model of the Temple. A symbolic gesture perhaps, but one made in anticipation of the reality that some day a Third Temple will stand on the Temple Mount. It follows a similar 'educational' exercise carried out earlier in the year in which a live goat was slaughtered to show how a passover sacrifice would be offered once the sacrificial system recommences. Now an Israeli MK has called for new laws that would pave the way for the construction of the Third Temple.

Zevulun Orlev of the Jewish Home party recently published an article in a Jewish periodical urging political reforms that would ensure there was enough manpower and money to complete the project. He also said a new Basic Law would be required to protect the Third Temple from public prosecution, so as to prevent human or animal rights cases being brought against it, whenever Temple worship and sacrifices are restored. Orlev added that he believed the removal of the Dome of the Rock could trigger a regional war with the Islamic world, but remarked that as has been seen with the 'Arab Spring' uprisings, there is no ironclad guarantee of peace and stability with the Muslim nations anyway.

Quote: “Orlev wrote that the Temple must be rebuilt in Jerusalem and that “fundamental changes” to Israeli society and government were necessary in order to realize the success of the project. Besides spiritual reform and the creation of a cadre of religious experts capable of running the Temple, Orlev argued that the government — “assuming the government will choose to be democratic” — must turn back dissent surrounding the project. “It will be necessary to defeat no-confidence motions, to overcome the hostile, left-wing, secular media, and to ignore eye-rolling economists who will say it’s a waste of public funds,” he wrote.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Israeli MK calls for Third Temple in Jerusalem
Written by Chris Perver
Wednesday, 01 August 2012 23:20

As Jewish people around the world commemorate the double anniversary of the destructions of the First and Second Temples at the hands of the Babylonians and Romans, preparations are being made for the rebuilding of a Third Temple in Jerusalem. Last weekend, as night fell on the ninth of Av, orthodox Jews belonging to the Temple Institute gathered in the Jewish quarter in Jerusalem to construct a miniature model of the Temple. A symbolic gesture perhaps, but one made in anticipation of the reality that some day a Third Temple will stand on the Temple Mount. It follows a similar 'educational' exercise carried out earlier in the year in which a live goat was slaughtered to show how a passover sacrifice would be offered once the sacrificial system recommences. Now an Israeli MK has called for new laws that would pave the way for the construction of the Third Temple.

Zevulun Orlev of the Jewish Home party recently published an article in a Jewish periodical urging political reforms that would ensure there was enough manpower and money to complete the project. He also said a new Basic Law would be required to protect the Third Temple from public prosecution, so as to prevent human or animal rights cases being brought against it, whenever Temple worship and sacrifices are restored. Orlev added that he believed the removal of the Dome of the Rock could trigger a regional war with the Islamic world, but remarked that as has been seen with the 'Arab Spring' uprisings, there is no ironclad guarantee of peace and stability with the Muslim nations anyway.

Quote: “Orlev wrote that the Temple must be rebuilt in Jerusalem and that “fundamental changes” to Israeli society and government were necessary in order to realize the success of the project. Besides spiritual reform and the creation of a cadre of religious experts capable of running the Temple, Orlev argued that the government - “assuming the government will choose to be democratic” - must turn back dissent surrounding the project. “It will be necessary to defeat no-confidence motions, to overcome the hostile, left-wing, secular media, and to ignore eye-rolling economists who will say it’s a waste of public funds,” he wrote.

Most interesting, I'll be keeping my eye on this one. With all things considered, these are interesting times to be living in.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've known some Muslims ( and Hindus). All good people with human flaws.
You say jihadists. I say IRA.
You say intifada, I say Inquisition.
It is all relative. All humans have flaws and are power hungry. Most will use any tool (and religion is a tool) to gain power or money.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've known some Muslims ( and Hindus). All good people with human flaws.
You say jihadists. I say IRA.
You say intifada, I say Inquisition.
It is all relative. All humans have flaws and are power hungry. Most will use any tool (and religion is a tool) to gain power or money.

i get your point, but thatsa broad brush to paint with. There are lots of altruistic acts happening everyday but the egoists garner more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom