Is anyone on here muslim?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Aside from your errors about what Catholicism teaches, the Catholic Church is the only Christian church that can trace its lineage directly back to Christ (St. Peter is the first Pope). Better to keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you are talking about.

Tell me, where were the Baptists and Methodists during the Crusades? Oh yea, they didn't exist yet. Protestantism didn't exist before the Reformation, so you're saying that the real Christian faith wasn't founded until 1500 years after Christ?

I did some more reading and I stand by what I said, and I respectfully say in response, that I will not shut my mouth. According to you, the Catholic church claims Peter is the first pope based on two scriptures here Peter is not the rock, Jesus is the rock. We know that Christ is the head and the foundation, he never transferred that over to Peter. I'm sure you won't agree with me, so go ahead and follow a man in a big white hat while I follow Jesus Christ by whom I have already been forgiven, no need for me to go and say my ten hail Mary's. BTW, I'm pretty sure I know who the false prophet will be and it's the only one that makes any sense, he'll be the one that's a head of a church organization, and I can only think of one church organization that this role fits, there have been several leaders of this church organization that have called for a new world order. Care to guess what church organization this is? The Catholic church. Shut my mouth? No.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
trick question?

The muslim religion mirrors other religions. They have right wing, left wing, moderates. Radicals, extremists, literalists, sinners and saints.

I did do a compare and contrast paper on Taliban and Amish. The research was an eye opener.

Would LOVE to read that! I have a friend who is Pilgrim, I mean Amish. (inside joke). Truthfully, I think it would be really interesting.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I did some more reading and I stand by what I said, and I respectfully say in response, that I will not shut my mouth. According to you, the Catholic church claims Peter is the first pope based on two scriptures here Peter is not the rock, Jesus is the rock. We know that Christ is the head and the foundation, he never transferred that over to Peter. I'm sure you won't agree with me, so go ahead and follow a man in a big white hat while I follow Jesus Christ by whom I have already been forgiven, no need for me to go and say my ten hail Mary's. BTW, I'm pretty sure I know who the false prophet will be and it's the only one that makes any sense, he'll be the one that's a head of a church organization, and I can only think of one church organization that this role fits, there have been several leaders of this church organization that have called for a new world order. Care to guess what church organization this is? The Catholic church. Shut my mouth? No.

You should ask yourself, when, why and who assembled the texts for the first Bibles. Hint, we call them Catholics today.

The Bible didnt write itself, nor did it organize itself. You can also thank the Original Church for the Holy Trinity; Father, son, spirit. It was all ironed out long ago at Nicea(sp)

Im not questioning your faith, however, just as your denomination has evolved so has the original church. One ought to at least appriciate that. BTW, im not Catholic.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My compliments, Everyone. A very informative thread, worthy of reading again.

Now, my humble contributions.

First, I believe that Matthew 16 has been taken out of context with regards to Peter being the first Pope. (Remember that Jesus rebuked his own 12 "apostles" for wondering who was to be at His right and left hands in Heaven. Thus, to think that he would then "choose" Peter seems strange.) Anyway, here is MORE of Matthew 16 to try to get all the context:

"13 Now when Jesus came into the parts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Who do men say that the Son of man is?
14 And they said, Some say John the Baptist; some, Elijah; and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.
15 He saith unto them, But who say ye that I am?
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jonah: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father who is in heaven.

18 And I also say unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
19 I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

In verse 16, Peter answered the question of whom Jesus was, and Jesus then said that God had revealed it. I believe that the confession is the "rock" and thus the foundation of His church. Christ even emphasized that fact in verse 17. I believe it is to mean that all mankind will die, but the confession will live on forever, thus it must be a foundation available for later generations. As for the reference in verse 18, I believe that Christ's use of Peter's name is like saying, "just as you are Peter," to mean that the following statement is true also. As someone else stated, I don't know in scripture where Peter was put over Paul and all the others.

Now, an interesting "parallel" of Islam and Christianity. Islamic scholars seem to agree that when Mohammed wrote the Quran, his early writings were the peaceful tenets of Islam. However, as Mohammed got further into his writings, the tenets became more violent, and the radical Isamic clerics say that the later writings of the Quran is what is to be practiced by the devout Muslim.

By contrast, the Bible starts out with violent teachings, i.e., "an eye for an eye", but when it gets to the New Testament and the teaching of Jesus, it is more like "turn the other cheek." Thus, the Bible evolves in the opposite way of the Quran. Also, while the Quran was written entirely by Mohammed, the Bible is written by numerous authors and they all seem to agree or at least follow along a theme.

Next:

As a member of the Church of Christ, it is my belief that no one can claim that theirs is the "true church" because to do so is to presume what God will judge in the end. I disagree with the teachings of Roman Catholicism because they do things contrary to the Bible, i.e., "Call no other man Father." "Matthew 23:9 "9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." Also, from what I was told by a friend who is Catholic, her priest told her that the Canon took precedence over the Bible, thus leaving me to wonder what the Roman Catholics base their religion on....a consensus of a committee of church "elders?" However, I could never presume to say that God will not grant salvation to a Roman Catholic because I'm not God.

Next:

Genesis 1:26. "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth." Note that he said to make man in OUR image....thus, the triune nature of God already existed long before the Catholics deemed it so.

Sorry this post is so long, but the discussion of various beliefs has long been an interest of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom