Is anyone on here muslim?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Operate from the soul and not the ego. I wish I could truly do accomplish this. the people I have known whom truly live like this, are much happier, less anxious and generally more "present" in their lives.

Like Bootsy, ya know?

Last edited by a moderator:

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard this long ago, not sure where it came from;

"In the beginning God gave man the truth,
then the devil gave man religion to confuse the truth."

I just wonder if the word devil should be replaced with men.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As I said, St. Peter was the first Pope.

St. Matthew 16: 17-19: Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-Jona: because flesh and blood hath not revealed it to thee, but my Father who is in heaven. And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give to thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven. And whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth it shall be bound also in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth, it shall be loosed also in heaven.

Here's a deeper explanation if you have the time. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12260a.htm

So I read/skimmmed through most of that, and I was reading just before I stopped, I had to ask myself why the Apostle Paul didn't mention anything about the complete authority Peter had over the church, much less, any authority that would be given someone after Peter. What about the Five Fold Ministry, some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some evangelist's, pastors, and teachers. I didn't read anything about a singular individual such as a pope. None the less, I have heard the scripture you gave as a blanket scripture for all Christians without ever thinking about, reading it now, I don't believe that it is until look at it some more later.

I never claimed to be an athiest. Quite the contrary. But at least I'm honest enough to admit that until some sort of second coming, anything I do believe is nothing more than just what is in my mind.

I believed a long time ago, but when I look and see what's going on in a little country as small as Israel, it only strengthens my faith. If what is happening over there today isn't enough to make anyone else think, well...how about when Israel starts building their temple on the Temple Mount, would that be enough? I am most curious as to how they're going to pull that off.

For the spirit of the thread, I'm not muslim.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The idea of prosperity gospel always makes me uncomfortable. The thought of using Christ like a cosmic slot machine, and giving for the purpose of getting more back goes against the reason you give in the first place. I certainly do not think Christians have to take a vow of poverty, but doubling down in the collection plate as a way to get God to bless you more is really distasteful to me.

I have agreed with you before but never more so than the first bold statement.
As for the second one Jesus clearly appeared to say that while a rich man could enter heaven(poverty not required) his material possessions(wealth) would make it more difficult.

"And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Matthew 19:24

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is what I'm having a problem with, everyone says the Christian's were the cause of the crusades. Were these not Catholics, if they were,they were not Christians, Christians and Catholics are not the same, Catholics go to the priest to ask for forgiveness, Christians cut out the middle man and go straight to God, the Pope is biggest fraud on this planet, the Catholics take what he says as infallible (the gospel) and what he says stands and cannot be corrected. Catholics and Christians are not the same, that is why I have a problem with people saying the Christians are the cause of the crusades, the Apostle Paul never told any of Christ followers to kill anyone in the name of Jesus Christ to further the gospel.

St. Peter was the 1st pope...ALL other forms of Christianity stem from Catholicism and it was 900yrs before the protestant reformation that was STARTED BY A CATHOLIC...you saying this is about like you hating your own parents...if not for them, you would not exist. (I am assuming you are a Christian). The word "catholic" means "universal"...one church belonging to Christ. If you were the devil, don't you think the best plan would be to try to divide the church? Catholics do not worship Saints or the Virgin Mary...likely most of the rumors you have heard are false. Are you an evangelical? Do you plan to vote republican? If so, you are voting for a Mormon and a Catholic....Bill O'Reilly is Catholic...Sean Hannity is Catholic....Laura Ingram is Catholic, Newt Gingrich is Catholic, Paul Ryan is Catholic and of course Glenn Beck and Mitt Romney are Mormons...what are the evangelicals who are republicans to do??? I'll tell you what..most of them are pragmatists...just like may not hold the same beliefs as Romney, I know that Mormons might give me a pamphlet at my door but they are not gonna chop off my head...Catholics may have done some things unbecoming of Christianity, but you sir are living in the dark ages...Islamists are doing crazy stuff NOW. You holding modern Catholics responsible for the crusades is about like YOU being held responsible for slavery...perhaps your ancestors were involved, therefore you are guilty by association.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never claimed to be an athiest. Quite the contrary. But at least I'm honest enough to admit that until some sort of second coming, anything I do believe is nothing more than just what is in my mind.

Yea sorry about that, was preoccupied and didn't mean that. My bad, then u posted that you weren't athiest and screwed it all up. LOL

Btw I noticed the post u posted disappeared right around the time I was trying to comment on it. And that's when okshooters went down for me.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
St. Peter was the 1st pope...ALL other forms of Christianity stem from Catholicism and it was 900yrs before the protestant reformation that was STARTED BY A CATHOLIC...

Term "Pope" wasn't coined till 9th century. Catholic claim of St. Peter as the first Pope is no different than, say, claim to the same Peter as the first bishop of New Evangelical Church - all branches on a tree are connected to the root no matter how far they are.
Plus it's hard to claim "continuity" with all the crap Popes did in dark ages.

For some reason Orthodoxy didn't need a "reformation" or "protestants". :anyone: I'm not saying that Orthodox are squeeky clean - but they don't claim one man's infallibility.
s2.hubimg.com_u_4337129_f520.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom