Knock at the door today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice well dressed young man knocked on my door today. When I answered he said hello sir I'm a Jehova Witness! I said come in young man, offered him a seat. I asked him what he would like to talk about? He looked at me with a blank stare and said: "beats hell outta me, no one ever invited me in before!"

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One day, years ago, I was at a buddy's house, helping him get his Sportster going. I had long hair, black t-shirt, tattoos, greasy hands and dirty jeans. My buddy John was with me, who was on his first 20 day leave with the US Army. The owner of the Sportster's name was Erin. Man he was funny, and very, very quick witted. He had a sales job, and was wearing a white, button up shirt, with a nice tie, and slacks. You know the look. Sales guy.

Anyway! The garage was detached, and kind of behind the house. We came out front for something (probably a tool in my truck). We were just about to head back, when a car pulled up, and two guys with ties and short sleeved, button up shirts got out. I don't remember which branch of Christianity they were representing. I want to say this was 1987. Might have been 1988.

So they begin the long, drawn out talk. Erin just smiled, nodding his head, like any good salesman. I was a little assy and short on patience back then, and could not figure out why he was wasting his time with them. Finally, after what seemed like hours, one of them popped the first big question to him:

"Do you believe Jesus is the Son of God, Erin?"

"Well, sure!" He answered

Erin was really smiling at this point, and getting excited with them. Hands were moving around. They were almost bouncing.

"And do you know you're going to Heaven?"

"YES I DO!"

"How do you know you're going to Heaven, Erin?"

" 'Cause I own a Harley-Davidson!"

They said nothing else to him. With a lost look in their eyes, they turned to John and I, two filthy looking heathens, and tried to initiate SOME kind of a conversation. Erin said to them, "Oh, he's going to Heaven too. He owns a couple of them!"

They didn't say another word. They didn't look at us. They didn't even look at each other. They just quietly got back in their car, and drove away. I was crying as I was laughing so hard. The pain in my gut was unbearable. I just couldn't stop laughing. John and I still lose it when we are telling the story to someone while we are together.

I guess he knew what they were going to ask, and was just patiently waiting to answer. Genius. I was in the presence of a true master, that day.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Totally true story. GOD it was funny. John and I have always had good luck at finding weird or funny stuff when we are together. He's a riot too.

I think I should tell my priest the story. He'd get a kick out of it for sure.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone once told me to get rid of Jehovah Witness' is to tell them you worship Satan. Never tried it but I would not let em in but I sure would visit for a bit.

Jujen Kai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a couple of the Mormon's try to talk me into letting them into my house once. Two girls - one about 20 and the other maybe 16. I asked them if they understood how dangerous it was for them to go alone into the home of unknown males and they said "God will protect us."

I explained that perhaps God had given them enough common sense to understand that their plan was a bad one and they should start heeding his advice.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last summer, one morning after a small get together, I hear a knock at the door. Some mormons wanted to speak with me. I explained to them my views on the matter of religion. Not rude, just honest. They thanked me for my time and hopped on their bikes and left the whole trailer park, didn't go next door. I'm in the dead center of the park so I know they hadn't been everywhere else...what kind of system would that be?

Then I see that my father and brother and some friends had left beer cans all over outside. I realized how it might look like someone living here needed Jesus... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom