MEAT in the garbage disposal ?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does MEAT belong down the garbage disposal ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has several female single friends that she works with. I have been dispatched to their "disposal emergencys" a couple of times. Each time it has been by them using it as a batch grinder instead of a continous. Most times its potato skins. They get chewed up into small chunks, but proper plumbing dictates a certain drop per foot, and sometimes it doesn't happen, and plumbing problems develop.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sol, I'm glad you posted the story about that man-eater in LA... now I'm fearing that the wife's glare might have had those visions behind it. I'm gonna leave her alone about it. :shocked:

Yep, with women sometimes its best to say nothing at all. This thread is priceless, btw.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tags:
danny tanner
garbage
meat
monster

ahahaha

They don't have to necessarily be in that order though.

I'm just glad someone noticed that I've been using the danny tanner tag (props to Ridge).

UPDATE:

The little lady went to bed early and so I went in to check the damage while she was sleeping. I don't want to rile her over this any more after Sol's fateful warning post of what might happen.

So I broke out the big mamma jamma Q5 flashlight that I normally use to blind myself at night and had a looksee down the drain. When what to my wondering eyes should appear... but the most vile and disgusting can of yuck soup you can imagine.

I could barely make out the tops of the blades in all the muck. It resembled what I can only imagine (from all the urban legends) the inside of John Wayne's colon to be like. Either that or a mini version of the the garbage compactor swamp that Luke, Han, Leia and Chewy took a bath in on the DeathStar... complete with it's own sewage squid.

I suppose tomorrow morning when everyone is back in the conscious realm, I'll fill it up with water, spray some starting fluid in there and fire afterburners till it's cleared out clean as a whistle. I'd do it tonight just for the fun of waking up the wife to the sounds of a helicoper landing on the roof, but I'd probably end up having nightmares about waking up tied to the bed and fearing for my jewels.

ssgt ben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
coffee cans,and 5 gal buckets at grandpa house.coffee grounds in the coffee can to be placed in the garden or flower bed.everything else if you chewed on it it went in the bucket. after dinner some grandkid was selected to walk down to the hog lot and slop the pigs.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't this why we have dogs.... something to feed all the meat scraps to?

That is true, but unfortunately even though I'm a dog kinda guy, we currently only have two cats that my kids fell in love with some time back. We don't purposefully feed them any human food at all even though one of them must be part goat because she'll eat ANYTHING that hits the floor and begs for more.

UPDATE:

All is quiet now on the garbage disposal front after a little more drama. I had too many things to do this morning and forgot about it until just a few minutes ago when the wife tried to put something else down it. She ran the water, flicked the swich and then shut it back off before everything was done processing (completely untrainable) and it was still making noise.

So... I informed her that it needs to stay on with the water running until it runs clear and free without sounding like a hay baler running wild. She flicked it back on and no matter how hard she stared at it or how much she gritted her teeth at me, the disposal would not be quiet. I risked one more piece of advice and suggested that maybe something was stuck down in there that couldn't grind up and she needed to get it out. :anyone:

Well, this didn't go so well either. She gave me a look like I had just asked her to stick her head into the mouth of a lion or to tell Al Gore to his face that he didn't invent the internet. I just shrugged my shoulders and watched... she finally rolled up her sleeve with a petrified look of disgust, told the drain to turn it's head & cough, and gave it a thorough examination that would have made Freddie Mercury blush. :lookaroun

She fished around for a few seconds and then her hand reappeared out of the murky depths with the cuprit. And what do you think was making this rattling noise in the disposal? What could possibly go wrong after such an innocent and normal act as forcing a half a side of beef down the plumbing? A BONE! A FAWKING RIB BONE! Tumbled and deburred by the now dull and lifeless blades of the disposal, but a BONE none the less. :ugh2:

I just shot her a quick, telling look of "I told you so", kept my mouth shut and turned away without pushing it. And so ends this chapter of As The Disposal Turns...

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
won't be shocked to witness her standing on the counter shoving whole corn cobs through it with her foot.

What could possibly go wrong after such an innocent and normal act as forcing a half a side of beef down the plumbing? A BONE! A FAWKING RIB BONE!

Thread is killing me. I'm on the edge of my seat awaiting the next chapter.

The votes in this thread show why the general public financed my parent's house & land AKA my retirement plan when they conk out. :D

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess nobody read my post about the proper way to use a disposal. Oh well, carry on.

I did. That's how their meant to be used. The whole "NO POTATO SKINS!" myth is just that. The disposal can handle anything, in small batches. What my mother does (and clogs the drain EVERY time she cooks potatoes...) is what you described, packs it full, then tries to run the disposal, with little or no water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom