New Pick-Ups...WTF!?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only bought one brand new vehicle because it's pretty easy to find a vehicle that's 2-3 years old with less than 25k miles on it, but the sumbitches are still 3' off the ground.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep! Same here. Got an older one I can do the maintenance on myself, too.

Thing is a 10 year old truck now has computer crap out the wazoo so eventually you will be working on a newer truck with all the headaches that go along with it.

I think everyone should own a new vehicle at least once. I have done it a couple of times , but never again. I can't get past losing 30% of the value as soon as I pull off the lot. Another thing, those new models are really high off the ground. Went with buddy hunting last week and took his new GMC. I had to open all the gates. Getting in and out of that truck just about wore me out by the end of the day.

You don't lose 30% of your value driving off the lot unless you got raped. In fact that's why you see so many even in this thread that would rather buy new than slightly used because the price is so similar.

I don't care what people do but if you want a new truck, it is not necessarily a horrific investment if you are prudent.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a PU to use for what I need a PU for, 2000 Chevy 4x4 regular cab, 8 foot bed with 250,000 miles, paid $2500.00. I also bought a 1 year old Dodge Caravan (2013) with only 10,000 miles for $19,000 to do most of my driving. The Caravan has Stow-N-Go seats and with the seats folded into the floor I can get a 4x8 sheet of plywood in the back. It also has allot of creature comforts, power seat, power sliding doors and back hatch and buttons that do everything but cook breakfast. It's a real pleasure to drive.

I have owned the PU for 2 years and put about 2000 miles on it, it does what I need it to do and considering the mileage is in great shape. At the rate I put miles on the PU will last me as long as it needs to. Feel I have the best of both worlds without spending 30-40,000 on a crew cab pickup that would be used like a car 90% of the time and takes a football field to turn around in.

OH! the van is low to the ground, easy to get in and out of, PU not so much.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is only $15,000.00

i.ebayimg.com_00_s_MTIwMFgxNjAw_z_TI0AAMXQ6M5RYxWP__T2eC16F___29sE9swm_28vcyBRY_29WPfFc___60_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/196589-Kais...d-25-ton-truck-with-cargo-cover-/151274648584

Latest posts

Top Bottom