New Pick-Ups...WTF!?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
meh...I already work 80 hours per week, the last thing I want to deal with is a falling apart vehicle....and I really like my seat heaters on those frosty mornings, a man with a toasty ass on a cold day is a happy man.

My 18 year old truck is not pretty, but it is as good as new, because I take care of it. It is not subject to recalls due to faulty electronics that NASA experts have to be called in to fix. Lubricants is the main thing in avoiding costly bills. Anything that can be lubed, lube it. You get a good vehicle, stick with her.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
+1

I hate working on my truck. There is enough **** that has to be fixed on the farm everyday without having to add an old, worn out truck to the mix. Actually a pet peeve of mine and why I started driving Dodges.

Everyone's experience varies.............up here, Dodge owners drive Dodges because the Fords and GM's crapped out on them.......Ford owners drive Fords because the Dodges and GM's crapped out them.......GM owners drive them because the Fords and Dodges crapped out on them. It's the same everywhere. Fords and Dodges out number GM's 100 to 1 on the farm. I don't think it has to due with the Duramax/Allison either, just the build of truck itself and how well it wears under those conditions.

Last edited:

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well yeah, if you get a POS, dump it and dump it quick. But everyone has had a truck that they wish they had not traded. I am saying don't trade a good truck. You get a keeper, take care of her. You know the deal; "Why, that ol' pickup had 200,000 miles on it and never burned a drop of oil." On an old reliable, most times a valve job will make it run like new, and a rebuild is not necessary.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My last truck was a 99 Chevy 3/4 ton which I still have. It has 175000 mi on it and has been the best truck I've ever owned, plan on keeping it. I just bought the new ram because I wanted 4x4, got sick of getting stuck in the snow or not being able to put my trailer where I needed it on a muddy job site. We'll see if it can live up to the standard set by my old Chevy.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No worries about that, I'm kind of a frugal bastard and this isn't my first rodeo. I'll probably just pay cash unless they offer some ridiculously low interest rate.

check with communication federal credit union, I got 1.9% on my suburban, makes it a bit less painful. And when the dealers can't make anything on the loan it stirs them up. I was preapproved and told them same. My way or no way. They agreed and I told them exactly what they would give for my trade and never budged, on their price or mine. Deal was done. Guy acted like I was a prick, I told them I really don't like suburbans (had a denali, but kids are getting bigger) and didn't come to win friends and influence people. 3 days before christmas they took the deal.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldnt mind having one of those police tahoes that Ron Tate up in Bartlesville has been getting lately. But, its a GM and no $$ for that.

The last truck I had was a 1996 F-150 4x4 with a 302. I traded it for a mustang,which in turn got sold and then bought my Daily driver civic with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom