New Pick-Ups...WTF!?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is only $15,000.00

i.ebayimg.com_00_s_MTIwMFgxNjAw_z_TI0AAMXQ6M5RYxWP__T2eC16F___29sE9swm_28vcyBRY_29WPfFc___60_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/196589-Kais...d-25-ton-truck-with-cargo-cover-/151274648584

But, that looks....tall.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't lose 30% of your value driving off the lot unless you got raped. In fact that's why you see so many even in this thread that would rather buy new than slightly used because the price is so similar.

I don't care what people do but if you want a new truck, it is not necessarily a horrific investment if you are prudent.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I always said I'd never buy a brand new vehicle because of the instant depreciation but after searching high and low for a good 3/4 ton 4x4 low mileage truck a couple of years old I wound up buying a new ram 2500 4x4 with the tradesman package a few weeks ago for 3-4 grand less than a two year old F250 or Silverado.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thing is a 10 year old truck now has computer crap out the wazoo so eventually you will be working on a newer truck with all the headaches that go along with it.

You don't lose 30% of your value driving off the lot unless you got raped. In fact that's why you see so many even in this thread that would rather buy new than slightly used because the price is so similar.

I don't care what people do but if you want a new truck, it is not necessarily a horrific investment if you are prudent.

A 20 year old truck is worth having a valve job done on. The PU doesn't have the x-tras to go wrong. All those gadgets add to the cost of the vehicle and are troublesome when they begin to fail. I like the manual windows on mine too. I pop the hood and I can get my arms in there to pull plugs, altenator, water pump etc. It goes into the shop about every other year for maintentance that I don't have the tools for, but they get it done real quick and cheap. Nothing for it is really expensive, and the old girl is reliable.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
meh...I already work 80 hours per week, the last thing I want to deal with is a falling apart vehicle....and I really like my seat heaters on those frosty mornings, a man with a toasty ass on a cold day is a happy man.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
meh...I already work 80 hours per week, the last thing I want to deal with is a falling apart vehicle....and I really like my seat heaters on those frosty mornings, a man with a toasty ass on a cold day is a happy man.

+1

I hate working on my truck. There is enough **** that has to be fixed on the farm everyday without having to add an old, worn out truck to the mix. Actually a pet peeve of mine and why I started driving Dodges.

Latest posts

Top Bottom