New Pick-Ups...WTF!?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My old 05' dodge still gets 23 on the highway. Still equipped just like it came from the factory. It got 19 pulling my 5th wheel. YMMV

When I read posts like this it makes me want to burn a tire just to spite the EPA. How they figured choking down the exhaust on a truck to get half the mpgs was better for the environment I'll never know.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I read posts like this it makes me want to burn a tire just to spite the EPA. How they figured choking down the exhaust on a truck to get half the mpgs was better for the environment I'll never know.

Pretty much why I didn't sell it. All the truck I'll ever need and zero problems. I only drive it about once every other week now but it's here to stay.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally decided on one. 2014 Z71 in White Diamond. Here is another really ridiculous issue with new vehicles, black interior. Why would anyone in Oklahoma want Jet Black interior? I found one with some sort of tan cloth interior and will be installing aftermarket leather next week. By the way, the dealers are hungry right now, so if you're thinking about buying a new auto, now is a good time.

IMG_2171edited.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice looking trucks. Why are the dealers hungry now? Too many $50K trucks on their lot?

Rolled 300K in my Toyota this weekend. Might have to start looking even though it's still dependable and only uses a 1/2 quart between changes.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice looking trucks. Why are the dealers hungry now? Too many $50K trucks on their lot?

Rolled 300K in my Toyota this weekend. Might have to start looking even though it's still dependable and only uses a 1/2 quart between changes.

Sales are slow this month I suppose. Just from looking at other vehicles on the roads, it doesn't seem that there is much issue selling $50k vehicles. Anyway, if you push hard enough, you should be able to save $10k off of the sticker.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

......and looking at all those empty plastic DEF containers scattered along the highway is awesome.

Was going to try to make it to 400k.........at 323k using no oil and Blackstones excellent, figured it wasn't going to last forever.

Nice truck by the way S4F!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, might try to go for the Toyota mileage record or something. :D

Edit: I googled my year and model mileage record and got nothing. I'm sure I'm far from being the leader. LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom