New texting while driving law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These data only reinforce my conviction that cell phone drivers have less regard for personal responsibility than those who realize cell phone usage while driving is a needless and unnecessary risk except in emergency situations.

To me, the data reinforces the idea that those who insist on these laws have no regard for the safety of the victims of those who text and drive.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a Nov. 1, 2015 version of this that will be for commercial vehicles, school buses and the like. It is a good bit stricter than the statute being discussed here that's for the general motoring public.

It will cost them $500, does not allow use of even the phone unless pulled out of traffic way and parked, etc. http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=459998

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To me, the data reinforces the idea that those who insist on these laws have no regard for the safety of the victims of those who text and drive.

I wonder if that alleged disregard you mention is as deliberate as the disregard cell phone drivers exhibit when they use phones while driving? It's a no-brainer using a phone distracts a driver, so to blow off that fact tells me these drivers have less regard for other drivers than those who enact laws to try and curb this irresponsible behavior.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if that alleged disregard you mention is as deliberate as the disregard cell phone drivers exhibit when they use phones while driving? It's a no-brainer using a phone distracts a driver, so to blow off that fact tells me these drivers have less regard for other drivers than those who enact laws to try and curb this irresponsible behavior.

I have to swerve to miss a car with either someone driving into my lane or driving at much slower than the speed of other traffic all because theyre on their cellphones, its at least once a day or more every day when driving in the city.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why in the hell doesn't law enforcement enforce distracted driving laws currently? Are we supposed to believe that this law will be enforced more frequently now that the law has been restated? If something is already illegal, will making it illegal again in another statute have any effect whatsoever?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why in the hell doesn't law enforcement enforce distracted driving laws currently? Are we supposed to believe that this law will be enforced more frequently now that the law has been restated? If something is already illegal, will making it illegal again in another statute have any effect whatsoever?

For the same reason speed limits aren't strictly enforced: if they did, the people would riot. Everybody talks about "those other people," but most of them are on their phones too.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you think it's gonna stop, you're all wrong. Ppl will continue to break laws on the road just as they do every.single.day. You still gotta remain vigilant, so lets put it to bed ppl.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The current law doesnt allow LEO to issue a ticket unless there is an accident. Years ago my mother had a wreck because whe was trying to unwrap a candy bar. She got a ticket for Failure to devote full attention to driving.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And why don't they take those dam handicapped signs of theyre mirrors......or enforce the law that pertains to that
And wheres my dingle balls...dang ol cop took them , that's where theyre at... ;/

Latest posts

Top Bottom