not a felon..but have a felony arrest..can i?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

albert

well if the arrest record is irrelevant, im fine.. because on a deferred sentence,you are not convicted until found guilty and punished.. deferred sentance is finding guilty, and then deferring the punishment, if satisfied case is dismissed.

A

albert

reddog what are the questions asked? does is say ever convicted? if so i can legally and honestly say no.. I wouldnt lie, I dont want ny trouble at all, is why im here in the first place..

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I'm going to tell you to go to sgt everetts in Norman, and speak with him, I remember Elliot Everett speaking of just such an incident and was able to work and get it expunged and what not... Check with him
--Mech

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
well if the arrest record is irrelevant, im fine.. because on a deferred sentence,you are not convicted until found guilty and punished.. deferred sentance is finding guilty, and then deferring the punishment, if satisfied case is dismissed.

I'm not sure where you got this stellar legal advice <heavy sarcasm>, but you need to check that. A deferred sentence is still a conviction for many things as I stated above.

A

albert

Other Brady facts:

Oklahoma Self-Defense Act licenses issued between May 16, 1996 and November 30, 1998 qualify as an alternative to conducting a Brady Act check when purchasing a weapon.

Under Oklahoma law, any completed deferred sentence for a domestic violence crime or felony is NOT a conviction.

Found this on the Brady act page.. makes me feel better, Ill take the advice guys thanks!

A

albert

im not sure, i need to check that for sure.. but all that comes up in a background check is the arrest record.. not a felony, or a conviction.. arrest only.

Latest posts

Top Bottom