not a felon..but have a felony arrest..can i?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OSBI will answer all your questions Free of charge. I emailed them many times about similar things. They reply fairly quickly and obviously, they are the ones you want advice from anyway...fyi, attorneys charge and are usually experts in their field, not all law.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Havent seen nor talked to these guys since 2002 when this occured in carter co.. I moved to okc, went to college, got a career and started a family.. living in the best time of my life.. :)

Carter Co. That says it all! You weren't hanging with Geno Heinz and the little Dixie mafia, were you?!?

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will be fine, I am telling you this from personal experience in the same sense that you posted OP. I own many guns, have a CCL as well. Also in the State of OK you will not be able to have any case expunged if there was a possibility of jail time of more than 1 year for the crime, I know that as well.

I ran around with the wrong crowds when I was 18 (many years ago, almost 2 decades now) got busted for jumping a fence at 2am in the morning and when the LEO showed up we all got Burglry II charges. First offense, I got deferred sentence and community service. I did the time service and got the case dismissed. Could not get a judge to sign off on the expengement, last I tried was 10 years ago. I may try again when it hits 20 years as by then I hopefully can get it removed from my record.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had several people come in to buy firearms and as long as the probation was completed you will be good to go on a purchasing the firearm. If I remember right, the question on the 4473 asks if you have ever been convicted for a felony, "deferred sentence" is not a felony conviction. If you violated your probation, or haven't completed probation you'd probably have a problem buying a firearm.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A SATISFIED deferred sentence is not a conviction in the state of Oklahoma. As long as the terms of the deferment were satisfied, it doesn't matter if it was expunged or not and you can legally own/purchase firearms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom