OSU Vs Stanford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was only pointing out that the objective portion of the polls liked the Big 12 over the SEC. The human poll is riddled with nuthuggers and morons as the Doc just pointed out.

I know right. They totally should of had OSU in front of Bama after losing to Iowa State, who finished with a losing record and a 3-6 conference record. Morons!!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know right. They totally should of had OSU in front of Bama after losing to Iowa State, who finished with a losing record and a 3-6 conference record. Morons!!

Are you off your meds? You have got to be one of the most asshurt OU fans I've seen. Ahead of Alabama is debatable, below 3rd really isn't. Looks at the last poll results for proof of derp. Or I guess you could look in the mirror.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple thoughts, not in any particular order:

1) The BCS has no computers. They utilize pundits' computer rankings, and the pundits can use various measures to rank the teams. In other words, the computer rankings may be a subjective as a human poll, depending on the source of the poll.

2) With the exception of OSU, the Big 12 bowl wins have been against some really weak opponents (as already pointed out). A 9-3 OU teams earns a spot to play a 7-5 Iowa team (records before their bowl)? The Conference got hosed in the bowl seeding. Especially Kansas State.

3) The SEC, while certainly over-favored with the media, has admittedly earned a good part of that favor. Don't just look at the last 5 champions, look at the runs by Tennessee and Florida and LSU from 1995 - 2003 (some of these were part of the Bowl Alliance that predates the BCS). It's not the same couple teams like the Big 10 (Ohio State) and the Big 12 (OU, Nebraska, Texas) and ACC (Miami, Va Tech). The SEC sees a variety of a lot of good teams during it's time (Florida, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Tennessee). I'm not an SEC fan-boy, but damn - they're good. They're way better than on the whole than other conferences. It is arguable even that the SEC and Auburn could have another national championship, in 2004 but that of course is speculation.

4) Alabama, while I hate to see a rematch, makes sense as the best 1 loss team. Losing to #1 is far more respectable than losing to I-State. I hate to see the rematch, and hate Saban (I will painfully cheer for LSU next week), but understand why there are there facing the undefeated LSU team. OSU fans, it's no conspiracy against OSU. It's because the Cowboys had a worse loss.

5) This Fiesta Bowl was a heck of a lot more entertaining that last year, and the best bowl game this season. I salute and congratulate OSU on their win (I did attend for 2 years before my transfer) and think it is awesome what their program has become. I am an OU fan, full disclosure, but of course I think OSU competing is a good thing. The more competitive the state and the conference, the better!

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right, which is why I replied that it's only PART of the BCS equation. What YOU seem to miss is that OSU fans can't cherry pick rankings when they whined and cried about the same BCS that kept them out of the NC. I'm sure all those human polls are completely wrong though. :D

No I didn't miss anything. Your response to what was quoted had nothing to do with what DG originally said! When this was pointed out, you let your typical Butthurt OU Fan Syndrome flow through your post in proportions that are only rivaled by the amount of water flowing through the Amazon River. That is gargantuan!!! It is uncommon that you get to use a word like gargantuan while posting.

As to my post, I was not arguing about the validity of any of the polls but just pointing out how ironic your post was since you were doing the same thing you accused DG of doing.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All this proves is that the coaches favor the SEC in the Championship game, not that they're better teams. Without the "best" teams playing each other, assigning the term "best" is nothing more than speculative. It has no foundation on which to be supported other than the beliefs of a few individuals.

Your "fact" is really a "factoid". It's such a solid factoid that it's downright "truthy"! :D

A few individuals? Lol....the whole country can see this. Its the few individuals that live here with their head in the clouds in Oklahoma that "believe" this sillyness.

Ill make sure to bring this up the next time one of your Oklahoma teams play for a title. Since now apparently being a National Champ doesnt matter. Hopefully, by the time that happens, Ill still be able to find this thread.Im sure it will be quite different then.

The Big 12 has 2 teams that are top football programs. OU and Texas. The SEC has 5-6 at least. Im not just talking about this year, I mean every single year. Its funny how anyone outside of Oklahoma can see this, as it is so painfully obvious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom