Pan seared ribeye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now I'm hungry...nothing beats a good juicy thick steak! And I'm all over the idea of a pat of butter on them as you bring them off the grill/out of the pan too.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the winter I just put mine in my George Foreman grill and it cooks both sides at once. Just takes 5-10 minutes depending on
the thickness of the steak.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a $19 per pound Prime quality Cap Steak ribeye from Costco. We cooked it tonight. Seared on the Infrared grill, and finished on charcoal medium rare. That had to be the best flavored steak I've ever had, and I've had steak at some of the best steak houses in the country. Mostly on the company dime.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wanting to try this guy's method for a couple years now, but I don't want to smoke up the house. I'd sure as hell eat this guy's cooking any day, he knows his cast iron and has it down to an art.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a $19 per pound Prime quality Cap Steak ribeye from Costco. We cooked it tonight. Seared on the Infrared grill, and finished on charcoal medium rare. That had to be the best flavored steak I've ever had, and I've had steak at some of the best steak houses in the country. Mostly on the company dime.

Dennis, on my BGE I've done them reverse seared. Low and slow right off indirect over lump coals, then direct and hot sear to finish. Fabulous!

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the 'reverse sear'. Basically, it's a similar method to this, but instead of finishing in the oven, you start there. There is a good video on youtube about it. It's wonderful to thick steaks and doesn't give you the 'bullseye' effect (gray, less gray, pink, less gray, gray).
If your meat is turning gray, you're either using cheap meat or old meat. It should be a rich mahogany brown.

Latest posts

Top Bottom