Sign a petition to stop the XM855.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Signed it. Sig count was over 29,000 when I signed. I didn't pay close enough attention to get the exact number, though.

Like I said in another thread:

Time to open up a war on all fronts against this. Fight this through every branch of local, state and federal government(Executive, Legislative, Judicial) possible.

Thanks for the head's up.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
halfway to goal on the page???

The minimum threshold to trigger response from the White House is 100,000 signatures within 30 days…but there is no requirement for anyone in the administration to respond even if you reach the threshold.

I'm still lost on what the goal is with this petition. Maybe I came across to harshly before. Can someone explain what we hope/expect to do with this petition?

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The minimum threshold to trigger response from the White House is 100,000 signatures within 30 days…but there is no requirement for anyone in the administration to respond even if you reach the threshold.

I'm still lost on what the goal is with this petition. Maybe I came across to harshly before. Can someone explain what we hope/expect to do with this petition?

For me it's at least something to try and get their attention. Probably just wishful thinking.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Raise awareness? It may eventually get a little press outside the gun blogosphere. There are a lot of recreational AR shooters who may never know about this issue until it's already over, then they figure it out when they finally find out why they can't get the ammo.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many shooters pay attention to the We the People White House petition page? LOL. But you are right about some shooters who don't pay attention. Heck, I've seen several "shooters" posting on FB saying "What's the big deal I don't shoot M855"….face palm.

I get it….it just seems like feeding the liberal machine to me. Petitioning the same people who are attacking you just seems like a waste of time…like writing a letter to your mugger asking him to please stop. Especially through a PR system that operates under no force of law and doesn't require any response or action from the petitioned party.

Latest posts

Top Bottom