Sign a petition to stop the XM855.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jerry, I appreciate you taking the time to write out such a well worded letter and for sharing it with us. My emails just went out and faxes will go out on Monday. And I'l go ahead and sign the petition too - LOL. Even though it's Obama's toy, someone is looking at it and it's okay with me that they know this ban is on everyone's radar. (Little over 61k signatures now)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand either. Looks to me like it is still 38.9K short.

I went back and corrected what I mean to type. They are getting close to getting the 100k needed or should I say asked for. Who knows if it will do any good, but sure is not going to hurt signing it as well as sending texts, emails and written letters to your local, state leaders.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Screw that sham of a "White House Petition" process. It's a PR stunt with no statutory or Constitutional authority.

If you signed this "petition" before you even contacted your Senators and Representative, you've got it backwards…..

What's wrong with doing it all? :anyone:

I'm saying that signing the petition is just about the same as doing nothing. If you sign the petition, but don't contact your reps, you are pissing in the wind and in that case I do know "better than the rest of us". Contact your reps.

I'll say it again. F4ck that stupid petition. It's a creation of the Obama administration. Do you really think giving credence to that artificiality will serve to put even one iota of pressure on the BATFE to reconsider their decision? If anything, it'll show them they are hitting us where it hurts and they'll redouble their efforts.

If you did both, great. If you do even more, great. I'm addressing those who merely think signing that petition is "doing something".

Step up and show us proof of your statement that it is a sham and a "creation of the Obama administration".

Prove it to us, that you have facts to back up your statement to such facts!!

Yeah. Mr. Glock, I don't think you know how this whole "We the People" petition thing works...

You were asked once in this thread to prove what you typed about it being a sham, you sidestepped the request. So again, tell us all that you know about it being a shame SMS? Tell us why it is a waste of time as you have claimed. Step up and enlighten us that your claiming we don't know anything. LOL!

It sure ain't hurting anything by signing it, and to encourage people to sign it as well as write letters, emails and texts about it. But you sure got a bur under your ass about the on line petition, so again, step up and prove what your saying with facts about the Petition.

Your choice on signing it SMS, your choice on sending letters, texts or emails. Just do something besides bitching about people doing something or anything.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The answer is in the quotes you posted. Just because you ain't pickin' up what I'm puttin' down doesn't mean I sidestepped anything…

In fact, the fact that need to have it spelled out for you is more proof that this particular PR stunt is a distraction and a waste of time.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The answer is in the quotes you posted. Just because you ain't pickin' up what I'm puttin' down doesn't mean I sidestepped anything…

In fact, the fact that need to have it spelled out for you is more proof that this particular PR stunt is a distraction and a waste of time.

You have done nothing but typed what you think. How are we to take what you say is the truth? Prove the petition is a waste of time.

Either you sign it or not, but do something besides ***** about it. Send letters, faxes, emails, texts or something. Don't just ***** about the Petition.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's wrong with doing it all? :anyone:

Sure, do it all…but do the important part first is all I'm saying. How many ran off to sign this petition yet don't even know who their elected reps are? You know as well as I do, that a lot did.

...and if you're going to quote me, don't cherry pick. Here's the rest of what I said. My point was, sure, sign it if you want to…but make sure you do the important stuff first like contacting your Congressmen. And if you do sign it, educate yourself on things like how the website works, who created it, what they are legally required to do, and how many signatures are needed for anything, if anything is, to happen.

I've met a bunch of people over the last few weeks who ran off to sign that petition but didn't even bother to contact their Reps or Senators. It's disgraceful.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom