Strangest Person You've Dated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 80's, I recall going out with this long-haired gal in Lawton who kept insisting that I get my penis cut off. I had to move to Trinidad, Colo. to get away from them! Some things a person just can't do, ya know?

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The one from my story- fire red hair. The crazy ones are often the most fun, if you catch my drift. If you don't, then I mean they are fun in the sack. I just wish I was mature enough to actually sit back and enjoy it.

I also dated a biker chick I met on the internet for a weekend.... THAT was interesting. Chat rooms used to be a lot of fun in the late 90s!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm out. I dated a totally great woman the entire time I was in High School. We just got bored with the relationship, and parted ways in our senior year.

Married the next, because she said she was preggo, and lied. But worked on that for 16 years. Tried to hold it together for the kids, but was happy when she left for a 19 year old that dumped her in a week.

25 years now with a great woman.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My crazy wasn't actually a girl I dated, but could have had I wanted that headache. Met her on the internet, talked for about 4 days. I would normally just chat online with the chicks before dishing out the phone number, but I was about to run out of time on the website so decided to risk it. First and only time I gave out my phone number before talking to her a for a while through email. On day #2 of talking she continually would text while we were on the phone making that "click click" noise. I told her I hate that and normally hang up on people when they do it and would do it to her next time. 10 minutes later I hung up, then promptly got called back and cussed out. Long story short I let it slide and we talked though I definitely had my guard up at this point. Day #4 I had a friend (a girl) from the college days come over and hang out with me and my roommate (we were about 1 year removed from college). She called and I said I couldn't talk as my friend was over. She then said how is that supposed to make me feel, we are dating and I'm with another girl. I explained we weren't "together" and she was just a friend anyways. She said fine and hung up. 3 hours later she called and said, "are you still with that b$tch?"

I said we were done talking and she said that wasn't true because she wasn't done talking to me. Oddly, I never picked up my phone from her again except I deleted her number and 3 months later she called to say she was in a new relationship and was so happy and.... I interrupted her there then hung up.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My crazy wasn't actually a girl I dated, but could have had I wanted that headache. Met her on the internet, talked for about 4 days. I would normally just chat online with the chicks before dishing out the phone number, but I was about to run out of time on the website so decided to risk it. First and only time I gave out my phone number before talking to her a for a while through email. On day #2 of talking she continually would text while we were on the phone making that "click click" noise. I told her I hate that and normally hang up on people when they do it and would do it to her next time. 10 minutes later I hung up, then promptly got called back and cussed out. Long story short I let it slide and we talked though I definitely had my guard up at this point. Day #4 I had a friend (a girl) from the college days come over and hang out with me and my roommate (we were about 1 year removed from college). She called and I said I couldn't talk as my friend was over. She then said how is that supposed to make me feel, we are dating and I'm with another girl. I explained we weren't "together" and she was just a friend anyways. She said fine and hung up. 3 hours later she called and said, "are you still with that b$tch?"

I said we were done talking and she said that wasn't true because she wasn't done talking to me. Oddly, I never picked up my phone from her again except I deleted her number and 3 months later she called to say she was in a new relationship and was so happy and.... I interrupted her there then hung up.

I really regret it when a crazy woman hangs up on the phone.
A crazy woman hung up on the phone. How dare she!!!
I, as a sane person, reserve the right to hang-up on her.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm.... dated a nice lady for a short while. We actually were introduced over Facebook and text by a common friend who thought we both needed someone nice to hang out with. We actually talked for several months and got to know each other fairly well over text and the odd phone call, as I was in the long drawn-out process of moving away from a bad on-again/off-again relationship. I had told her I was giving this other relationship time to wear itself out. She mentioned a number of times that I should "give her a chance" because it was obvious the other lady didn't care about me (which indeed did turn out to ultimately be true).

So anyways, finally gave it up and gave this new girl a shot. She was fun, smart, funny, compassionate, caring and considerate. We had a great time together and things were going well for a few weeks. Occasionally, I would get a very strange vibe over the phone late at night and she would seem very... I dunno... quick to jump to the wrong conclusions. This was often over text, and I wrote it off to that, but even on the phone sometimes would really get the wrong idea about things. We lived a couple hours apart, so we only saw each other mainly on the weekends, I suppose.

One weekend she was staying over and we had a few drinks and while I was in the shower, I came out to her angrily packing up her things and getting ready to leave... this is like 2 in the morning. Turns out, she had heard my phone go off and decided to check my messages (*WARNING*). She noticed I had had a conversation with a female friend earlier in the day and signed off by calling her "babe", as in, "Ok, goodnight babe," or something similar. That was enough to set her off.

She went home the next morning after she sobered up and things seemed ok, but two days later, I had my son (7) my best friend and his wife and their son (6) out in the pasture teaching the boys to shoot. She kept wanting to text me and was growing more and more frustrated when I told her I couldn't really talk, as I was trying to deal with guns and children. Eventually she called and I answered (mistake), and she started nagging me about trying to converse over text about "serious stuff" when I said, "I really can't talk about it, I am trying to teach these boys how to shoot, and I need to pay close attention." She immediately started going off on a rant, so I simply hung up the phone. When it started ringing again 5 seconds later, I powered it down.

Couple hours later, when we're all finished shooting, we gather everything up and when I get back to the house, have everyone else packed off home and my boy getting ready for bed, I decide to turn my phone back on and immediately download something like 17 texts and 5 voicemails. I didn't even listen to them.... just deleted. Stopped returning messages or calls for a couple of months. She got the hint.

Turns out now, I think she has a drinking problem and gets loopy at night when she's drinking. I know I drink a lot, but I get mellow and relaxed, I don't cause problems. This girl... she got paranoid and possessive and insecure and antagonistic when she drank.

So... we're distant friends now, talk via text evey couple of months - "How ya doin? Hope things are well. Have a great weekend." That kinda thing.

I think I dodged a bullet. I've never before been that cold or callous with a woman when breaking it off, but damn, for a woman to try to go off on me when I have children I'm trying to teach about gun safety... she knows how much of a stickler I am about that stuff, and how important it is, too. I decided that was the biggest warning sign of all.

<sigh> Long story, prolly a bit anticlimactic. Not near as good as some of those others up above. But... anyways.

Latest posts

Top Bottom