Watch who you donate to.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's stuff like this is why I donate to Oklahoma relief organizations and charities and when I want to help other folks I will then give to the Redcross, I always try to give to the southern baptist disaster relief people because I have seen them work and they blow away the RC when it comes to getting stuff done.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-tornadoe...s-not-designated-for-oklahoma/article/3828381

Don't get me wrong here I don't mind helping people but right now I would rather have Oklahomans getting my money.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even National Red Cross said last night that not all donations coming in through the text number is going to Oklahoma. That its going to their disaster relief fund.

GIVE LOCAL

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Donations to the local chapters of the Red Cross will not stay in OK either. As someone with a lot of experience with them, I would suggest a donation to a better charity.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as a victim of 5/3/99 i will speak from experience. the ones that did the most with the least in my experience are. Churches of Christ disaster relief, Southern Baptist disaster relief, Mennonite Disaster relief , Catholic Charities , Heart to Heart,Samaritans Purse,Salvation Army. the red cross isn't my favorite organization.

They are all good and work together very very well. these will get little publicity and do most of the work.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Non-faith-based, national charity and disaster organizations tend to spend huge amounts of money fund-raising and on well-paid senior staff. I strongly suspect that that "misdirected" money was donated by caring individuals who'd thought their gifts were going to victim relief.

I echo the advice to give to local churches. If you have goods to give, local churches and local media outlets seem trustworthy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom