Wearing a mask when out and about

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmm...

If you use a Tee-shirt or other non-ravelly material, you could probably just cut ear-holes in the material rather than having to attach straps or strings. Or cut out strings with the mask if you prefer.

Just a thought. :drunk2:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, mine is constantly bugging the S*** out of my face (my facial hair contributes to this) and absolutely requires I constantly adjust it - thus forcing me to constantly further expose myself to anything my hands touch - gloved or not.

F that. I didn't get within 6 feet of any other person for more than a half-second passing each other in an aisle, so I know based on my own medical training and experience that I am at VASTLY greater risk from having increased need to touch/adjust my facemask than I am from being in only passing proximity to anyone in the setting of a questionably-airborne virus.

Just hold your breath as you pass.

Woody

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wore a mask this afternoon. I was scalping the lawn.

Woody

Wife and I went into Blanchard today to walk the trails at Lion's Park. On the way there, we passed a house where a guy was using a zero-turn mower to mow a very small yard. The grass was so thick and high that he was barely creeping along with cutting.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't want to throw kerosene onto a fire but here's the CDC recommendations for making your own cloth mask.
I had not seen the idea of putting a coffee filter into a folded up bandana/handkerchief before (scroll down on the page linked below).

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

The CDC also neglected to mention the option of disposable homemade masks, such as ones made with paper towels, that may be more sanitary for those who cannot wash cloth masks frequently or thoroughly enough or who lack reliable, safe laundry resources. George Yang, MD, a plastic surgeon in New York, has created a YouTube video to show people how to make and wear paper towel masks for one-time use.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/taraha...sks-until-the-cdc-tells-us-more/#34fbbc214bdb

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The CDC also neglected to mention the option of disposable homemade masks, such as ones made with paper towels, that may be more sanitary for those who cannot wash cloth masks frequently or thoroughly enough or who lack reliable, safe laundry resources. George Yang, MD, a plastic surgeon in New York, has created a YouTube video to show people how to make and wear paper towel masks for one-time use.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/taraha...sks-until-the-cdc-tells-us-more/#34fbbc214bdb

My daughter is making me an OU one. I told her to go in my garage and get a couple of blue shop towels and sew those inside. I think those should filter nicely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom