Wearing a mask when out and about

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter is making me an OU one. I told her to go in my garage and get a couple of blue shop towels and sew those inside. I think those should filter nicely.
I should clarify that a little. She is making a pocket on the back side. That way when it's time to change the filter (blue shop towel) I just slip the old one out sterilize the mask and slip a new filter in. Easy peasy

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter is making me an OU one. I told her to go in my garage and get a couple of blue shop towels and sew those inside. I think those should filter nicely.
I read somewhere to sew in a used dryer sheet. The article claimed it would help repel moisture (droplets from others).

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pfffft. Wasn't this thread started before the CDC included those additional recommendations?

Might want to read back through the rest of it . . . there are others you might want to flex on . . . mister expert.

Wouldn't want to miss that chance.
Nah. Everyone else understands.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna some Corona beer fabric and have my wife make me a mask out of that!!! Genius!!!

What color?

06e93fff3784652a3a7f0b0a70d1b5f2.jpg

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has been an interesting thread, for many reasons.

But one thing that jumps out is our questioning the need for wearing a mask, on a forum where we all (I think) profess the need for carrying a firearm in one manner or another.

The mask will probably provide more for us this year than the firearm will.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has been an interesting thread, for many reasons.

But one thing that jumps out is our questioning the need for wearing a mask, on a forum where we all (I think) profess the need for carrying a firearm in one manner or another.

The mask will probably provide more for us this year than the firearm will.
I think there's an apt analogy to be made between firearms and masks--if you're not going to learn how to use it properly, you probably ought to forgo it, because it can do more harm than good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom