What is your biggest Pet Peeve?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Back on left lane hoggers. We do an eat and shoot in Ponca for some folks. Go to a local restaurant, eat, and then go to the range to shoot. Nice way to spend a Tuesday afternoon.

Driving out there today, one of my buddies that was behind me stayed in the left lane for 5 miles. He had folks passing him on the right, but he didn't get the message I guess. When we got there, I asked him why, and he said the road was smoother on that side. I give up.

That's actually a pretty good reason. I pay the same amount of taxes for both lanes, why should I be forced to drive a goat trail when there is smooth pavement 12 feet to my left?

I will drive in the left lane too (I commute on hwy 69 between Muskogee and Chouteau every day), but if someone is coming up from behind, I will change over and let them pass on the left.

And yes, "goat trail" definitely describes a lot of OK roads well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually thought we had laws on the books that unless one is passing, you must drive in the right lane. The OHP on occasion announces they are going to ticket those that don't use the right lane. Can't say I've ever known of anybody getting a ticket or pulled over personally.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dennishoddy said:
I actually thought we had laws on the books that unless one is passing, you must drive in the right lane.
We do; it's in the Oklahoma Statutes that you have to drive as far right as you can.

Screw that on some of these goat trails, though. I'll move right to yield to faster traffic, but the right lanes of I-35 around Pauls Valley are bloody awful. There's no reason to put my vehicle's tires and suspension through that sort of abuse.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually thought we had laws on the books that unless one is passing, you must drive in the right lane. The OHP on occasion announces they are going to ticket those that don't use the right lane. Can't say I've ever known of anybody getting a ticket or pulled over personally.

That's probably a law, but virtually unenforceable. Seriously though, if the right hand lane is in poor condition, you can pass me over there, isn't that where the lighter traffic volume be??? I happily run the right lane when it's in good condition.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to pick on anyone in particular, most likely have done something like this my self, but it would be easier and less time consuming for me if a thread with the header "Shooting in my neighborhood last night" could have been worded something like "Dogs shot in my neighborhood last night".

Others worded like "500 boxes of .22 Ammo at Walmart" could have just as easily been worded (Guymon Walmart has .22 Ammo) or WTS XX Pistol,) Great price, just what I have been looking for. When you get into the add, the owner is listed as 3 miles East of Disneyland, after questioning back and forth the pistol is 200miles from me, FTF only, will be on the market 6 more hours. How about at least (OKC xx Pistol for sale.)

I realize many people believe OKC is the center of the universe, with no explanation necessary, but not everyone choses to live there.

I have lots more in many categories. Thanks for letting us vent.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's probably a law, but virtually unenforceable. Seriously though, if the right hand lane is in poor condition, you can pass me over there, isn't that where the lighter traffic volume be??? I happily run the right lane when it's in good condition.

I think its also the law that you can't pass on the right. Again I don't know the code. I pull up behind a left lane hogger and sit there. In the middle of no traffic they still hog the left lane.

Just trying to follow the road laws personally.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We do; it's in the Oklahoma Statutes that you have to drive as far right as you can.

Screw that on some of these goat trails, though. I'll move right to yield to faster traffic, but the right lanes of I-35 around Pauls Valley are bloody awful. There's no reason to put my vehicle's tires and suspension through that sort of abuse.

You should drive on Ponca City's brick streets. You won't care about driving I35 any longer. Your tires and suspension are designed for rough roads, hence the reason for having them on the vehicle in the first place.

If we lived on glass roads like Ks, Arkansas, NM, and Tx we wouldn't need suspension. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom