Where Would You Go and What Would You Do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you had enough money to live comfortably (not in not in the continental extraordinarily extravagant style of moi, complete with ascots and silk pyjamas) but comfortably in that you could drop $200-300k on a home some place and never have to work, so that your time was all your own....where would you go and what would you do?

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have been all over the world and in every state. Up until cancer hit me three years ago, we would do 4 - 6 international scuba diving trips each year. I have found quite a few places that I have thought I would like to have a permanent house. But, never followed through on any of them as I always found a reason not to buy. The reason is I have never wanted to be tied down to any one spot is that I have found, at least for me, that Oklahoma City is a pretty good jumping off spot. Plus, OKC is a very economical place to live and that $300,000 you are talking about goes a heck of a lot further here than most exotic places. My current home here in the City is on the tax register at over $350,000. To find anything comparable in some exotic location would cost me upwards of $1,000,000.

I had to give up the diving and underwater photography. I sold my cruiser and bought a 35 foot goose neck travel trailer and for the last two years have logged many miles here in the US. Just got back from 7 weeks in Southern Utah and am getting ready to head to East Texas to hunt hogs and do some photography of vultures on hog carcasses. I will be heading back to YNP sometime in April of 2013, have a fishing trip to Alaska on the books for September of 2013 and planning an RV excursion to Alaska in 2014. In the meantime, I am going to spend some time in the Florida Everglades this Winter.

My point is I would rather take my money and spend it traveling, hunting, doing wildlife photography and just relaxing wherever I find myself. Having a home in OKC serves me very well as I am just a few miles from and East/West and North/South Interstate highway and not far from an Airport that will get me anyplace I want to be.

Just my $0.02 cents worth.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maui.

I want to be the guy who goes out early in the morning or late in the evening and scatters steel BB shot all over the beach to drive the guys with the metal detectors nuts.

Naw. But I would like Maui. Swim, snorkel, dive, photography.

dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom