Who rides a motorcycle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yes.......you guessed it. 2005 (Pearl Blue) Gold Wing. 118,000 miles on it. When my wife and i travel we usually average about 600-700 miles a day. longest one day ride,1175. By myself. It's easy to ride long distances when i have never seen that part of the country before. i guess it's the same for everyone. Next bike-Street Glide. Nothing wrong with a wing, just Honda ticked me off taking the wing back to J-pan. glad to see Harley putting on a water jacket. i would like to see them bring out a shaft drive for the touring bikes also.

If you really plan to tour, and sounds like you do get the electra glide, the high output ultra limited is the only one with water right now IIRC. The belt drive is just fine. Just change it at the recommended interval. I loved my old goldwng but the street glide is pretty darn nice. Solo I can do 1000 mile days but prefer 2 lane off the highways, ride about the same amount of time but only do 600 to 700 now, withe wife on I bring it down to 350 to 400 mile days on the 2 lanes.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two depending on the purpose, first is an 09 Hayabusa. This is my wife and I on the Dragon.

View attachment KRS_3273.jpg

Second is a 2013 BMW K1600GT, its a great bike for long distance touring. We did 22 states last summer, going to do more this summer.

In Saint Augustine FL.

FB_IMG_13752884154372195.jpg

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just started riding at 43. My son got me started when he went to college. Now his little brother and sister have their license. Honda CBR 250 and Ninja 300 we share the 2 between the 3 of us.

I am shocked how much I like it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom